All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Frequent Meals? have they helped people????
      #329823 - 05/15/08 02:16 PM
pieta8

Reged: 05/10/06

Hi
I find that when I eat smaller quantities of food( within the guidelines of this diet)- and more often- my gas and cramping are so much better. A large meal of even the right foods bother me.
who else finds this a help?? Of course- it isn't always easy to carry things along- nuts are good but bother me-
any suggestions?? I think I learned my lesson- when I ate a meal after not having much of anything between lunch - and then a dinner that I reallly felt so full- I had such
distress- and Here I was going to hear an opera- and was so uncomfortable. would love some feedback. thanks all.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Frequent Meals? have they helped people???? new
      #329839 - 05/15/08 08:09 PM
MelE

Reged: 03/11/08
Loc: Michigan

Frequent meals are a lifesaver for me!! I find that if I keep food in my stomach it does wonders for me. I eat 3 normal sized meals and in between i snack on crackers or pretzels or something else that has bulk to it.

#329847 - 05/16/08 05:20 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

Ditto. I sometimes feel like I eat all day. However, my work sometimes does not allow me to have snacks and I get really hungry. When I do it is VERY important to start with a solid SF that I know I can tolerate - rice, french bread, plain baked potato. Let that settle a little before eating a complete meal and NEVER overfill. That is a guaranteed problem for me if I eat until I'm uncomfortable. I use breakfast plates and small size bowls instead of regular to make sure I don't overdo it and I never eat seconds of anything. If I am still hungry I wait an hour or two and eat something. +

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

#329855 - 05/16/08 05:56 AM
kamikat

Reged: 11/17/06

yes, small frequent meals are a lifesaver. I eat tiny amounts every two hours.

#329857 - 05/16/08 07:24 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I cannot eat a big meal either. I manage to have a salad plate of food at the most at one sitting, and not heaping! I eat breakfast, second breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, snack, dinner, after dinner snack and evening snack! I remind myself of the hobbits in Lord of the Rings books!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1368 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1367

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review