All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Advil
      #329777 - 05/14/08 04:48 PM
mybellyhurts

Reged: 04/18/07

Hello,
I have been doing fairly well this past year. Its been a tough last month though(not sure why...maybe stress and diet)
I have been battling a tough cold this week and been taking Advil on a regular basis. I find that it really help IBS symptoms. Its wierd but i feel less "in tune" with my gut. Normally, i am very in tune with my gut and i know it like the back of my hand. On Advil, i "feel" my gut less.
This experience has reminded me of the time that i had a tooth infection. I was taking 500g Ibuprofen tablets 2-3 times a day for the pain. For those 2 weeks, i remeber saying to myself that my bowel movements were the most "normal" that i had ever seen and i never got a gut cramp.
It may be coincidence but i am just shooting it out there.

MBH

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Advil new
      #329802 - 05/15/08 08:39 AM
DeeSingleton

Reged: 01/11/05
Loc: Indiana, USA

OUCH! Advil KILLS my stomach.

#329803 - 05/15/08 08:56 AM
CarolynC

Reged: 03/11/08
Loc: Connecticut

What a surprise you can take Advil. My stomach can't take it at all. (Tylenol only).

--------------------
IBS-C with bloating and cramps
occasional type A

#329937 - 05/18/08 06:23 PM
Calli66

Reged: 04/11/07
Loc: New Mexico USA

I find that Advil has that exact same effect for me, too. I try not to take it on a regular basis, 'cause it's not good for stomach and liver. But when I HAVE to---just like you--when I had terrible toothache problems, and other times when I had costochrondristis really bad, I took A LOT of Advil. And my BM's were "normal."

I have since found out I have Sjogren's Syndrome, which is auto-immune disease, and so there tends to be lots of internal inflammation. So I figure taking the Advil really cuts the inflammation and allows my gut to function properly.

C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 712 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3337

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review