All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Is it OK to put Acacia in apple juice?
      #329173 - 04/30/08 05:08 PM
Candy2

Reged: 04/09/08

Hi All,

I just got my IBS Starter Kit#1 today. Yea! I will try the Acacia first thing in the morning with apple juice and toast. Is this OK?

Thanks so much for all of your help and advice!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Is it OK to put Acacia in apple juice? new
      #329226 - 05/02/08 06:26 AM
catnut

Reged: 04/08/07
Loc: Kentucky, USA

I put it in everything that has some moisture content to it. The more moisture the better otherwise it's a bit gummy to eat. Also, give it a couple of minutes to really dissolve. The only thing I've seen noted is that it's not recommended for carbonated beverages.

--------------------
Catnut IBS-C for many years, finally diagnosed in 2005. Wheat and dairy sensative.

Re: Is it OK to put Acacia in apple juice? new
      #329324 - 05/04/08 03:01 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Apple juice is a fruit juice. Fruit juices are problematic for IBSers on an empty stomach:

web page

Also, in reference to another post of yours, ham is red meat which is a trigger food.

I'm sorry to sound like I'm nagging but you really need to familiarize yourself with the EFI Guidelines if this approach is going to work for you. If you read the opening section of the Eating for IBS cookbook you got with your kit you'll see the guidelines laid out very clearly. Then look through the recipes and you'll see that there is a lot of food you can eat. It's certainly natural to mourn for what you used to be able to eat - and how easy it was to just pick up any old piece of food and shove it in your mouth. If that's all you focus on, though, you're always going to feel frustrated.

Instead of driving yourself crazy thinking about everything you can't eat, start thinking about how you can adapt what you eat now to fit the EFI guidelines. If you want a tuna sandwich, for example, check out the tuna lemon sandwich recipe in the Eating for IBS cookbook - no mayo. If you want mayo, check a Whole Foods or health food store for safe mayo or make your own from one of the Recipe Board recipes. If you want ham on your breakfast toast, try turkey ham - just watch the fat content. If you want juice in the morning, try tomato juice. Take another look at kteach's post to you about what she eats and her "EFI with a positive attitude" thread.

The bottom line is that there is no cure for IBS so you have to learn to manage it. It doesn't seem fair but if you look at it from just a slightly different angle, think how much worse life would be if there was *nothing* you could do to make yourself feel better. Learning to eat a new way is a struggle but at least it's a chance at feeling well again.

HTH. Take care.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Edited by Sand (05/04/08 03:28 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8148 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 718

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review