All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
nausea
      #328939 - 04/27/08 07:25 AM
jenUK

Reged: 12/01/07
Loc: warwickshire, uk

does anyone else get really bad nausea ?? i get it loads - im never sick but i get it and i feel like im going to be !!

--------------------
Ibs sufferer for 7 years !

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: nausea new
      #328953 - 04/27/08 09:31 AM
Laurastr1

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Chicago

Jen, I had nausea back in December and then it went away. This last week I have been nauseas on and off for no apparent reason. It passes usually in about 10 minutes. Yesterday morning I was in Super Target and felt so awful I almost left the store but then it passed. I have a prescription for ONDANSETRON that I took back then but I really don't want to get into taking more pills so I wait it out. Funny thing my dh was like "Are you sure you're not pregnant?" It does feel just like the nausea during pregnancy.

How often do you have your nausea? Is this a new thing for you or have you always had it? Do you take anything for it?

--------------------
Laura
DX IBS 12/07
Following IBS Diet with Weight Watchers
Also GERD
Former cast iron stomach

#328968 - 04/27/08 11:44 AM
Kteach84

Reged: 03/31/08
Loc: MA

Nausea was actually my first sign of IBS a little over a year ago. I felt sick a lot! Finally I went to the doctor and she said it was because I was so constipated. I hadn't even really thought I was constipated because I was never much of a "every day at the same time" person anyways, and I had no other signs of constipation (pain etc) except for this. After I changed my eating dramatically I don't really feel sick anymore...mostly eliminating fats especially chips (I was a huge pringles fan). I'm not sure if you are on the EFI diet but if you go on it you may find this eliminates it entirely.

--------------------
I am training for a Sprint Triathlon- Check out my Blog!
http://redsoxcap.blogspot.com/

#328978 - 04/27/08 01:04 PM
jenUK

Reged: 12/01/07
Loc: warwickshire, uk

no i had it for about same as i have had the ibs for - i have just noticed it more lately - but then again i never used to get constipated either - and now im ibs - c and d - i dont take any medication as im already on mirtazapine (anti depressants ) that im trying to get off !! but yes its very much like morning sickness in pregnancy - i have had a few people say oh ur not are u and im like err no !!

--------------------
Ibs sufferer for 7 years !

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4978 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 773

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review