All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
      #328792 - 04/24/08 11:55 AM
grand sirenis

Reged: 03/13/07

Anyone here been diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome. I was having really bad headaches for the last month, and so I went to the doctor. I also can't sleep, even with prescription medication, and have flu like systems all the time like sore throat, running nose, fever, chills, night sweats. I've also been having joint pains and i'm only 20 years old. The doctor ran some blood tests, but said that he was pretty sure that I had chronic fatigue syndrome and said that IBS is often a symptom that occurs in many patients who are diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue.

Finally, after a year of getting to terms with IBS and controlling it with the EFI diet, I now have to deal with all these other symptoms that also have no potential cures or treatments. To make matters worse, the doctor suggested some medications for various systems but thanks to IBS I can't take the pills or else I get major D. I have come to the conclusion that life sucks!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? new
      #328800 - 04/24/08 02:43 PM
CarolynC

Reged: 03/11/08
Loc: Connecticut

Did your doctor run tests for lyme disease?
Your symptoms sounds very much like it could be a possibility. Be sure and ask!

--------------------
IBS-C with bloating and cramps
occasional type A

#328804 - 04/24/08 02:56 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

People have been known to be amazingly helped, and relieved of symptoms by following an antifungal program, which I guess leads me to believe CFS could be a fungal/yeast problem. Have you been tested for such, or experimented with an antifungal diet? Sometimes testing can't pick up fungal conditions, hence, the "experimentation" with a diet change. Just giving you something else to investigate. Google chronic fatigue syndrome and fungus and see what you come up with. By the way, joint pain is also a possible indicator of fungus. You are 2 for 2.

cfs / fibromyalgia new
      #328874 - 04/26/08 12:34 AM
jenUK

Reged: 12/01/07
Loc: warwickshire, uk

Ah well you sound like me lol (sorry) anyway i have been trying to tell my doc that something else is wrong for about 3 years now - i know that this isnt all down to the IBS i have had ibs for 8 years but ther eis different stuff happening - aches all over my body thighs calfs arms - constant bloomin headache - eyes wont focus properly making it really hard to drive and stuff sometimes. my periods are all over the place and painful - i get bad tummy problems etc etc etc ic ould go on - however i have had all the blood tests too and they were all negative - i have now been reffered to the rheumatologist for the possibility of cronic fatigue syndrome/M.E or Fibromyalgia !! i am also on antidepressants which i fel have messed my tum up a bit but he has also given me some other anti depressant but in pain killer dose (amatriptyline) i too am worried to take this incase it kicks off my stomach but the gastro also suggested it for the pain !! im so confused !!

--------------------
Ibs sufferer for 7 years !

#330628 - 06/05/08 02:29 AM
cfsdays

Reged: 06/03/08

Hi, I just found this place after developing what seems to be IBS. Prior to this, I've had CFS since 1981. The symptoms you list certainly include those of CFS, but it's a diagnosis of exclusion. I.E., there are a number of other diseases that it could be, too, so you have to rule them out first. If you'd like more info about CFS, I have a website about CFS/FMS at http://www.geocities.com/cfsdays/index.htm Another good place to seek out is the CFIDS Association of America at http://www.cfids.org

Re: cfs / fibromyalgia new
      #330655 - 06/05/08 02:34 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Wow! I am going through alot of this too.
Tired achy headaches my brain is fuzzy I can't concentrate.

Do you think it could be seasonal? The weather has been all over the place here. Today was 28 and humid but I was chilled and crawled onto the couch with a blanket. A few hours later and I'm sweating and still groggy.
I'm grumpy and gassy and sick of it!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Re: cfs / fibromyalgia new
      #331547 - 06/24/08 08:34 PM
yoffie

Reged: 08/01/07

amtetryptaline works well for: IBS, functional heartburn, headaches, fibryomalgia and interstitial cystitis. it is often given at low doses 10 - 20 mg. it is safe and at that low point doesn't cause stomach problems. it has been around forever.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 430 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2931

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review