Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: the proof is in the pudding new
      #328532 - 04/20/08 12:26 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Quote:

Quote:

I also agree that the EFI diet is a good place to start, I never said otherwise.

And I certainly didn't mean to imply that you had said otherwise. (You know, we could do this all day. How about if we just agree that neither of us is being difficult - just communicating as best we can with nothing at our command but ink and silly little faces. )

yup, let's agree on that

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: The bad about dairy - anyone explain? new
      #328533 - 04/20/08 12:29 PM
Zara

Quote:

I was wondering if anyone out there tried goat's milk, and if you were able to tolerate it? Is it the same as cow's milk, or is it more user-friendly? I'm thinking of trying some, but it probably is much more costly.

I heard that's goat's milk is easier to tolerate but I don't remember why. I think that if anyone has problems with cow milk even in small quantities they would still have problems with goat milk. Of course, there's only one way to find out . Good luck!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#328536 - 04/20/08 12:45 PM
catnut

Reged: 04/08/07
Loc: Kentucky, USA

I've tried it and can't stand the taste of it. Like everything else it depends on you and your gut as to whether it works for you or not. Try it once and see. You have to keep experimenting with different foods.

--------------------
Catnut IBS-C for many years, finally diagnosed in 2005. Wheat and dairy sensative.

trying to figure out bloating new
      #328616 - 04/21/08 04:49 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Trying to figure out bloating is like trying to decode the most intricate cyphers in history! The diet hasn't really helped me with it, but if I go off I get D and C, so I feel it does work. Being it is bloating you are troubled by, things will be much more confusing. I don't think it is a case of here where the originator of the diet doesn't have bloating we don't know what to do about it. EVERYWHERE you go has no solution to bloating. My doctor has nothing to help me with bloating at all and neither does medicine in general or special diets (none that work or are healthy anyway). That is the bad news and there is no good news I'm afraid.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

stress and the rest new
      #328617 - 04/21/08 04:57 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I hear ya. The thing with non-food related IBS issues is that there is this idea that 'I feel bad so it was something I ate', when, as I have said many times, you can eat the same thing every day and have a good day then a bad and then a good and so on. So common sense needs to factor in and sometimes a 'gut' instinct. Sometimes you eat something and as it hits your throat you suspect it won't agree with you. Sometimes you eat things you eat all the time and have terrible grumbles or bloating. So my advice to all is to definitely pay attention to what you eat and definitely muster all your self-control, but don't think that your IBS will be cured by finding all the problem foods OR that if you have trouble it was some (usually safe) food you ate. I truly hope this helps anyone out there with discomfort.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: trying to figure out bloating new
      #328621 - 04/21/08 05:16 PM
Zara

Yeah, bloating is so hard to conquer. My doctor gave me a handout today for a low gas diet. I tried it a few years ago but I will give it another try. I can be more careful now about introducing new foods than I was back then because I'm more educated about what food groups do and don't cause gas, etc. If it works I will definitely post it here . It's nothing major, starting with chicken and rice and adding new things and watching symptoms. It is similar to Heather's BTC diet but it doesn't allow wheat and fruit in the beginning.
I believe there's good new for us - it just has to be discovered. That's what I keep telling myself when I'm feeling down. That it's not forever and that one day I will be able to manage most of my symptoms through a diet. I just can't imagine living the next 50 years like this. Hope is all I have now .

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#328626 - 04/21/08 06:48 PM
Claudie

Reged: 12/29/07
Loc: Australia

Just thought I'd add what happens to me - I can eat a very small amount of dairy once a day - I can have a small amount of grated cheese, or 1 tbspn cream etc providing that is all the dairy I have that day but I can never, ever have it cold. Icecream (even soy icecream) or cold soy choc milk always brings on a severe attack. When I was under the care of a nutritionist this really threw a spanner in the works as it didn't fit the diet parameters I was on. It was only ages later that I worked out it was the cold. Not sure why and it doesn't matter if I have had IS or a IBS safe meal first.

--------------------
IBS D

#328674 - 04/22/08 01:35 PM
Wendy1234

Reged: 02/06/08

Jhuggs, I have the same thing! I can eat pizza (no pepperoni though) and have no problem. But I eat ice cream and I'm in pain for days. How odd!

#328675 - 04/22/08 02:03 PM
C&P

Reged: 02/01/08

Quote:

I was wondering if anyone out there tried goat's milk, and if you were able to tolerate it? Is it the same as cow's milk, or is it more user-friendly? I'm thinking of trying some, but it probably is much more costly.

Goat's milk and IBS do not mix (too much whey).
The animal as food isn't very human friendly either (high in fatty acids known as trans fats).
Many animals in the same or similar family are also that way (cows included).

A good rule of thumb, is not to trust an animal with more than 2 stomachs, including lamas, camels, lamb, goats, and cows (beef has the minimum amount of natural trans fats).

A McDonald's burger is 1 gram of trans fats per patty, which is too much considering they aren't even Angus.

Soy burgers or Tempe may be a better alternative, but as for milk, I would suggest coca nut milk, but take it very sparingly (make sure to burn it off afterwards).

Edited by C&P (04/22/08 02:21 PM)

How lucky....mmmmm, pizza!-nt new
      #328692 - 04/23/08 04:17 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 206 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14515

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review