All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
4-8PM....rough time of day for anyone else..????
      #328347 - 04/16/08 07:54 PM
Kat32

Reged: 11/09/05
Loc: Denver, Colorado

Hi all,

Curious to know if anyone else suffers from more gas or more trips to the bathroom during this time of day. It usually starts for me around 4PM with gas which eventually develops into more gas and multiple trips to the bathroom to try to relieve oneself. Around 8PM things clear and I am sometimes symptom free until bedtime. So, just curious if anyone else out there is experiencing this, and if anyone has thoughts on this....

Thanks,

KT

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 4-8PM....rough time of day for anyone else..???? new
      #328348 - 04/16/08 08:03 PM
binok

Reged: 03/22/08
Loc: CT

Hi KT!

Can I relate to this!!!! Big time!!! From 4 PM till 8PM its GAS, GAS AND MORE GAS!!! Then it calms down! All I know is, you goota watch your trigger foods!! Thats the key!! Ate all the wrong foods today and I'm paying the price for it!! On days I watch what I eat, I do pretty good.

#328349 - 04/16/08 08:06 PM
ArtKen

Reged: 07/12/03
Loc: Brantford, Ontario, Canada

Definitely, but it may be from fibre supplement

#328353 - 04/17/08 04:07 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

What are you eating for breakfast??

This happens to me every day too, and I used to drive myself nuts trying to figure out what in my lunch was making me sick - it seemed to happen whether I ate a salad or just a plain bagel for lunch.

My thought now is that it's actually my breakfast moving down my intestines at that time of day, and I sort of figured out that I can't tolerate oatmeal that way!

Just a reminder that sometimes our reactions aren't instantaneous, and we need to investigate further back!

--------------------
IBS-C

#328365 - 04/17/08 06:29 AM
Joannelcoq

Reged: 10/16/06
Loc: Long Island, NY

I know exactly when when that happens to me. When I dont eat for lunch or eat very little too early for lunch. My tummy needs to be consistant with eating. Are you eating a lunch around 1?

#328400 - 04/17/08 03:51 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I agree with Fen on this one; I've found that when a food bothers me, I usually feel the effects of it 6-8 hours later. This used to be my rough time of day (~3-4pm), then I realized it was the oatmeal I was eating for breakfast every day. I long ago replaced that with a smoothie, and that made a world of difference.

Another piece of advice: eat small portions. Large portions always cause me to have gas and bloating. Your digestive system gets less and less "efficient" as the day goes on, so you especially need to eat less later in the day. Make dinner your smallest meal, if possible.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#328411 - 04/17/08 07:00 PM
Kat32

Reged: 11/09/05
Loc: Denver, Colorado

Good points you all! It could have been the cheese I cheated with the day before...I thought I had gotten away with it, but it must have caught up with me. I need to focus more on thinking several hours back it sounds like.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2355 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1971

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review