All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS-C
      #328343 - 04/16/08 04:28 PM
stopper

Reged: 04/16/08

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this but I'm sure someone will tell me if not. I've had IBS-C for 30+ yrs & C is getting worse. Have any of you had relief using Metamucil or Citrucel? Fiber always makes me worse as Metam is doing also. Nothing is helping at this point but someone recommended citrucel. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS-C new
      #328373 - 04/17/08 08:14 AM
catnut

Reged: 04/08/07
Loc: Kentucky, USA

I am very IBS-C and can't handle Citrucel, Metamucil, Koncyl or anyother shelf brand of fiber. I also can't tolerate wheat so that is half the issue for me. I can't stand the grit or drinking the stuff either. I was telling my doctor that after trying all of them that the Acacia fiber is the best and easiest to deal with. Mixing it in food is wonderful and it goes down without notice. No thick gritty drinks to suffer through each day. I've also found a company that makes the Acacia into tablets for easy use when I'm traveling or at a restaurant (when I didn't expect to be). I highly recommend the Acacia over all of the others and yes it does work. I originally wasn't using enough of it. I'm now up to 1 Tblsp at each meal and that is doing the trick for me. Now I just have to keep up with the drinking enough water so it will work well.

--------------------
Catnut IBS-C for many years, finally diagnosed in 2005. Wheat and dairy sensative.

#328376 - 04/17/08 08:40 AM
bensonk

Reged: 04/17/08

I'm interested in the tablet Acacia. Where did you find? Heather, do you have a source for this or alternative solution? I travel and am concerned about showing up at airport security with large baggies of white powder!

#328385 - 04/17/08 11:26 AM
Candy2

Reged: 04/09/08

I have tried both Metamucil and Citrucel and both gas me up terribly. Metamucil is worse. I will order the Acacia very soon.

I am also IBC-C, but luckily I have found some relief with AccuFlora, the good gut bacteria. I can't tolerate yogurt so this is the way to go for me.

#328391 - 04/17/08 12:15 PM
Laurastr1

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Chicago

Benefiber works really well for me. Fibercon (get the generic at Costco) also is good for me. The Acacia Fiber upset my stomach.

--------------------
Laura
DX IBS 12/07
Following IBS Diet with Weight Watchers
Also GERD
Former cast iron stomach

#328410 - 04/17/08 06:39 PM
stopper

Reged: 04/16/08

Thanks everyone for your replies & info.

#328531 - 04/20/08 12:24 PM
catnut

Reged: 04/08/07
Loc: Kentucky, USA

The tablet form of Acacia I found at my health food store. It's from a company called Fiber 35. They also have the bulk cans of Acacia but getting that from Heather is a much better deal overall and I'm not sure if there is a difference in quality. I've also been concerned about having bags of white powder in my bags when going through security. Goodness knows the dogs wouldn't smell it as drugs but it would look very suspicious. The tablets are pricey but I only use them when needed. If Heather is able to add this to her products it would be great.

--------------------
Catnut IBS-C for many years, finally diagnosed in 2005. Wheat and dairy sensative.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1060 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2209

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review