All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What constitutes an attack for IBS-C?
      #328178 - 04/13/08 12:46 AM
Alexander

Reged: 02/14/07

What constitutes an attaack for pepople with IBS-C? As far as I know, people with Ibs-D get pain, spasms and D, but what about the C folks?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What constitutes an attack for IBS-C? new
      #328181 - 04/13/08 06:26 AM

Unregistered

I get pain, spasms and C. It feels like a dry-heave when you're throwing up. My body spasms and pushes and nothing comes out, even though I know there's a BM to pass. The worst times have made me feel like I'm going to split in half. I'm cold and shaking and it can last for hours. I don't have this kind of attack often, maybe only twice a year, but when I do it's quite awful. Oddly enough, it usually ends in a normal BM. And then I'm left wondering what all the fuss was about.

#328200 - 04/13/08 03:11 PM
Laurastr1

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Chicago

I get pain and cramps but no output. I had D everyday before I started the diet. Now if I'm careful with what I eat I'm stable. If I'm stressed I occasionally still get D. I take Benefiber which helps keeps me regular along with veggies from the safe list.

--------------------
Laura
DX IBS 12/07
Following IBS Diet with Weight Watchers
Also GERD
Former cast iron stomach

#328202 - 04/13/08 03:15 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

For me it means that I get very bloated and my stomach feel like someone grabbed my intestines and started ripping them out. Basically a lot of pain. Sometimes it's also a stabbing pain which feels as if I was getting poked with a knitting needle. Constipation on top of everything, of course. The pain usually lasts anywhere between an hour to a couple hours and then my abdomen is still very tender and swollen for the next couple days.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#328225 - 04/14/08 07:01 AM
WRO1

Reged: 04/03/08

My symptoms are very close to Zara's. Sometimes with the pain when I am lying on my back, I can actually see my intestines rolling around!! If I relax for about 2 hours, the pain and cramps usually go away but I rarely get a BM at that time.

#328230 - 04/14/08 08:42 AM
DeeSingleton

Reged: 01/11/05
Loc: Indiana, USA

Mine, too, are very close to Zara's and WRO1's. I have horrible bloating, and just PAIN. My pain is usually higher than others I've read on here, more up around my belly button and a little higher, but my doctor says the pain can be whereever IBS decides on an individual. I usually just want to lie in the fetal position, but it isn't always comfortable. I try to stretch out on my stomach also - I just attempt to find a comfortable position to relax....and like others said, I just try to relax until it goes away - maybe an hour, maybe many hours. My stomach also is VERY tender the next few days. I have to be very careful about what I eat for a few days...

And it usually it bloated for a few days also!

#328242 - 04/14/08 10:20 AM

Unregistered

A few nights a week I also get what a few other people are describing - pain in my middle that feels like stabbing and makes me want to be doubled over or in the fetal position, along with nausea and dizziness.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1256 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1988

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review