All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Bloating and Gas
      #328144 - 04/11/08 05:37 PM
Teresa1

Reged: 04/11/08

I have been diagnosed with IBS by 3 doctors, who all tell me I have too much stress at work. I don't have diarrhea or constipation. Every day about an hour after lunch (which I have to eat at my desk), I get terrible bloating and gas. I have done the hypnosis CD's and at one point I followed Heather's recommended diet. This has been going on for 5 years and it is ruining my life. The doctors have not been able to offer any help. It goes away when I get home so I really do think it is stress related. Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions or ideas on how to handle?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bloating and Gas new
      #328151 - 04/11/08 08:24 PM
yoffie

Reged: 08/01/07

my daughter has started using peppermint oil before some meals but thinks eating very small meals throughout the day. lunch is a very small sandwich and a piece of fruit and that is it. she says that has helped a lot with the bloating. also try a bit of relaxation prior to eating, seven slow deep breaths, holding the exhale as well as the inhale.

Re: Bloating and Gas new
      #328156 - 04/12/08 09:01 AM
Alexander

Reged: 02/14/07

Hi, maybe u should try to reduce stress in your life, through a combination of exercise, yoga, Anti-anxiety treatments or simply less or a different job or working on the things that make u stressed.

What do u typically eat for lunch?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1847 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 807

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review