All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Whats your best "if" veggie you can eat?
      #328092 - 04/10/08 02:56 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I can only do cooked celery and green beans, tomatoes. I need more "if" veggies in me. Whats the best if veggie you have started with? I would like to know fruit to I can do strawberries when my stomach wants to and thats it.
Thanks in advance.
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Whats your best "if" veggie you can eat? new
      #328104 - 04/10/08 06:21 PM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

Hey girlie,

I can not do cooked celery so luck you. Nothing raw either. I can do cooked carrots,sugar snap peas, zuchini, butternut squash (roasted with cinn and sugar and then mashed). Lately, I have been back to making my famous veggie soup to get in INSF. And hubby likes it too. Peronally I love spinach and asparagas in season. But my soup is healthvalley FF chicken broth, some water, frozen carrots and whatver I am in the mood for and I add some pastina and some baked chicken I do seperatly. And slice up and add to soup. I do this on sunday and make a big amount for sunday dinner and through the week in takealong bowls for work.

I know this might sound strange but ground flaxseed have been my new BFF. I sprinkle in my egg whites for breakfast, on sweet potatoes, and veggies sauteed with alittle olive or canola oil. Its a nutty flavor but very light and it is SFS. So its a nice blend. Try it.. seriously its good I add it to my oatmeal every morning.

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

#328108 - 04/10/08 09:07 PM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

hi!
my best veggies, are peas, carrots, and all forms of squash, my best fruits is cooked apples, cooked peaches, cooked straw and blue berries, and those are on spectacular tummy days, good luck, and do steam the heck out of your veggies before eating it makes a huge difference.

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

#328110 - 04/11/08 04:23 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Green beans have always been safe for me. Except for a very short period of time, raw carrots are good too.

Apple sauce is th fruit choice that's always been safe, followed by canned peaches.

Cooked Fruit & Steamed Veggies? new
      #328112 - 04/11/08 07:20 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I was just wondering cooked fruit like in breads or should I try them in smoothies first? I have tried peas back in dec and they gave me horrible gas and nausea. I would love any recipes on steamed veggies and how to get fruit back in. Flaxseed may look into that! thanks so much it means alot.
Emmasmom
ibs-c
Gas

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1103 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 984

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review