All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
DIGESTIVE ADVANTAGE=who has tried????
      #328002 - 04/08/08 06:20 PM
pieta8

Reged: 05/10/06

Has anyone tried this- the one just for gas-= where you helped at all. This brand also has for Irritable Bowel syndrome- but my friend tried it= for gas= and swears by it.
feedback please- thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: DIGESTIVE ADVANTAGE=who has tried???? new
      #328009 - 04/09/08 06:52 AM
ElenaDragon

Reged: 06/04/07

I have not tried the one for gas, but the one for IBS has helped me. The symptom it has helped most with is actually gas though.

--------------------
Lisa
IBS-A, Interstitial Cystitis, Migraines

#328027 - 04/09/08 01:06 PM
pieta8

Reged: 05/10/06

Hi Elena- so that is good that it helped your gas. Do you take 1 or 2- and when you first tried it - were you having more gas than usual??? I really suffered from even more gas when I tried. My friend swears by it- (she doesn't have irritable bowel- just gas)- so what do you think???

#328057 - 04/10/08 07:50 AM
ElenaDragon

When I first started it I was having gas all the time, no matter what I ate, so it's hard to say if the Digestive Advantage caused any more. I took 2 capsules (not the chewables) a day for a month or two, and then when I was feeling better went down to 1 a day.

It does make me wonder if my IBS symptoms are caused by bacteria though. When I take antibiotics for infections, my symptoms get worse. The Digestive Advantage probiotics help me.

--------------------
Lisa

#328098 - 04/10/08 04:58 PM
rasputin

Reged: 02/15/08

I tried the version for IBS and gave up on it. Then again, I wasn't following a diet at the time.

#328123 - 04/11/08 09:46 AM
ElenaDragon

I believe it took at least a few weeks to notice a change, and it was gradual. Prior to taking digestive advantage I had tried the EFI diet, going gluten free for 2 months, and another priobiotic called Primal Defense. The diet helped, but did not get rid of my gas issues, which overall seem to trigger other problems. I still get problems when I have to go on antibiotics, and then I have to get my system back to normal.

--------------------
Lisa

#329138 - 04/30/08 09:07 AM
DeeSingleton

Reged: 01/11/05
Loc: Indiana, USA

I am trying it as I type....I used to have HORRIBLE gas and bloating. I got some samples in the mail, and then I actually bought some more. So far, its working pretty well - I've noticed a lot less bloating. I'll report back in a week or so. It says it takes that long to see the full benefits.

#329158 - 04/30/08 01:07 PM
rstephens

Reged: 02/19/08

I have been taking it for chronic constipation and lactose intolerance. What I noticed immediately is that my energy level was restored. Apparently I wasn't able to absorb many vitamins before taking the probiotic. I'm still suffering from gas and bloating at times. I've just switched to Pearl which is for constipation, lactose intolerance, gas and bloating. It contains 1 billion mgs per pill and it instructs to take one pill a day. I was taking one of the pills for constipation and two for lactose intolerance DA before. I'm hoping that this one works better. I happen to see the Pearl pill in my sister-in-law's kitchen and she suffers the same symptoms so I decided to give it a try. It happens to be cheaper too. Good luck.

#329160 - 04/30/08 01:25 PM

Unregistered

I've been taking it for a couple months now. I take 2 pills a day. I honestly can't say if it's the DA that's helping me or the combination of the DA, the EFI diet, and peppermint caps. I still have trouble with gas and bloating regardless of what I do though....but at least the D is gone!

#329717 - 05/13/08 12:23 PM
Cathou

Reged: 05/13/08
Loc: Los Angeles

Hi there! This is my first visit to the forum. I've been on DA for Gas and for IBS for about a month now and I've been seeing an improvement. My GI doctor likes it too and several of her patients have reported positive effects. My bloating (my worse issue) has gone down considerably and the gas isn't as bad either. However, one stray from my IBS diet and I'm back to zero for a few days until it regulates again! I use one of each every day. We'll see what happens as I continue to use it but so far so good. I also use Acidophilus once a day.

Catherine

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2004 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2892

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review