All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Does anyone else suffer from lack of sex drive due to ibs?
      #327739 - 04/03/08 05:17 PM
mizutenshi1

Reged: 04/03/07
Loc: Portland, OR

hi everyone. im slightly embarrassed to say this, but i've been having problems in my sex life- and i don't know what to do. sometimes it hurts the relationship with my boyfriend- because he wants it and i never do. my doctor told me that ibs could be to blame for my lack of sex drive. does anyone else suffer like i do? are there any solutions, or am i just doomed? i hate feeling like im the only one... *crying*

--------------------
"Smile at someone for no reason at all, theyll think ure up to something."(IBS-A)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Does anyone else suffer from lack of sex drive due to ibs? new
      #327741 - 04/03/08 06:21 PM
cdc6800

Reged: 02/27/08
Loc: biloxi,ms

You are definitely not alone! I was also thinking that my lack of sex drive may be because of IBS. It also has hurt my relationship with my husband, I am soooo attracted to my husband and he's great but I am NEVER in the mood, I feel really bad for him. I don't have any solutions for you but you are def. not alone!!

#327742 - 04/03/08 06:21 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

When my IBS was at its, it pretty much killed what little sex drive I have. I felt bad for my husband, but for me, it was no big deal. *shrug*

In any case, you're not alone.

#327748 - 04/03/08 07:49 PM
mizutenshi1

Reged: 04/03/07
Loc: Portland, OR

what do you tell your husbands? cuz i've tried explaining it to my boyfriend- but i seem to just keep pushing him away. any advice?

--------------------
"Smile at someone for no reason at all, theyll think ure up to something."(IBS-A)

#327751 - 04/03/08 09:27 PM
caitlineb

Reged: 07/01/07
Loc: bay area, CA

I have absolutely NO sex drive. Not sure if it's the IBS, though! It sucks!!

--------------------
"I have no patience for lactose. And I won't stand for it." -Jerry Seinfeld

#327758 - 04/04/08 04:47 AM
dlondon

Reged: 03/26/08

Yeah I have this problem. Im a 27 year old male, and my girlfirend is very understanding but it has caused problems and as a guy its hard to explain to your girl that I dont feel like it - its the opposite of what guys are supposed to be like! so it hurts the pride...but i dont care so much cos when your really bloated, with stomach pains and all the rest you dont feel like it at all.

so dont feel bad its all of us, living under this curse!

#327763 - 04/04/08 07:01 AM
WRO1

Reged: 04/03/08

Oh, I am really glad to hear that I am definitely not alone here. My DH is very attrated to me and seems (in my opinion) to want it all the time!! However, when I feel even a slight bloating or gas, I get so stressed out and it makes it worse and I then get the cramps and pain. He is beginning to understand it better now (even cooking the foods I need to eat) but I feel so bad, for we always had such a good time together before I started getting these pains (following my 2nd c-section). I still try to satisfy him in other ways though so all is not lost!!

#327774 - 04/04/08 08:39 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

My husband is very understanding. And when the IBS was at it's worst, it was really obvious to him I just did not feel well.

#327783 - 04/04/08 10:31 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

I have a very low sex drive. I think it is a combination of things - IBS, the fact that I hate my job and it just drains me emotionally, and I also think I have some mild depression. Also, he has some health problems of his own (chronic kidney stones) and is not always feeling 100% - sometimes I actually feel okay and he doesn't, or it's the other way around. We're lucky if we do it every couple of months - which is awful. We want to start trying for a baby this summer so hopefully we can do something to turn it around!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#327827 - 04/05/08 03:30 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

I suffer from low sex drive and pain during intercourse. I think it is due to my IBS among other things (anxiety issues). I've been having therapy about it for the last year and a half which has helped no end. Def recommend therapy if it's really getting to you. I do feel really guilty about it but hubby is very understanding and things are slowly getting better but it's taken almost 4 years to get to this point in our relationship!

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

#327858 - 04/05/08 06:24 PM
IslandBride5

Reged: 03/31/08
Loc: Eugene, Oregon

My two cents: I think my relationship in that area has suffered a small amount due to IBS. When I feel bloated I DO NOT feel sexy or even attractive and that squishes any desires or hot flashes! For awhile I even drank alcohol more in the evening because I thought it would take away the pain and also take away how yucky I felt thus ending in still feeling bloated (usually worse then started out!), really tired and ready for bed! Where did that romantic evening go? Well, I drank it!!!
So I think our sex lives do suffer because we are trying so hard to just deal and make sure our stomachs are happy first. And ladies, when we feel bloated and yucky we certainly are not in the mood to put on that sexy nightie, especially when we are sure we would popp off every button!!! Agree!!!
I have to say though, that my fiance has always understood and been wonderful!
Now that I know what to eat and what is really going on down there in my belly - I feel much sexier and think things will start picking up! YIPPEE!

--------------------
Meet my sweet dog Marley!

#327861 - 04/05/08 09:21 PM
Laurastr1

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Chicago

Only when I'm in pain.

I exercise pretty hard some days. This makes me pretty tired out by the end of the day and I'd often rather sleep. Having teenagers around does not help either!

--------------------
Laura
DX IBS 12/07
Following IBS Diet with Weight Watchers
Also GERD
Former cast iron stomach

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 783 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7108

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review