All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Weight Loss new
      #335654 - 09/04/08 02:01 PM
HOPE 1

Reged: 05/28/07
Loc: Ohio

Wow!! I'm on the other side of the fence. I have not lost weight and would really like to. I wonder what I'm not doing. alot of times i just dont want to eat at all espeacially if i have to go out but i'm diabetic. so i have to, to keep from getting sick. this is tricky and sad.

--------------------
SHORTY

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#335657 - 09/04/08 02:32 PM
caitlineb

Reged: 07/01/07
Loc: bay area, CA

I lost a few pounds since cutting out dairy, red meat, etc. My family members commented on it! They said I looked sickly. The only way I was able to gain weight was... I started a new birth control. Go figure. I didn't change my diet or anything. But the weight only seems to migrate to my stomach, so the weight gain wasn't evenly distributed! Oh well, it is better that I now weigh around 120 instead of 112 (I'm 5'8'').
How many calories are you intaking on average? Maybe you can gain weight by upping the calories. As long as you don't up BAD calories. I am still plagued with D, which could definitely make a person lose weight, but my weight doesn't seem to be dropping anymore.
Good luck!

--------------------
"I have no patience for lactose. And I won't stand for it." -Jerry Seinfeld

#335682 - 09/05/08 07:11 AM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

I have the same problem, im like 5'2 and like 90 pounds and everyone tells me im too thin and it drives me crazy. I love to exercise alot also. Ive been a runner my entire life so once I lose weight its hard to put it back on. The only time in my life I was able to gain weight was when I was put on ZOloft for anxiety. I dont know if thats a coincidence or what. But I find the only way for me to keep exercising and not lose weight is to eat poptarts because they are pretty high in calories and althought they have some high fructose they dont usually bother me. I buy the lower fat brown sugar ones. Maybe that woudl work for you?

#335715 - 09/06/08 08:46 AM
PITA

Reged: 01/04/04

I too have lost alot of weight- cause I have cut out so many foods- yes it is depressing- have you had a colonoscopy? Have you spoken to your dr about
medication??? let's keep in touch- maybe we can help each other.

#335727 - 09/06/08 10:59 AM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I've been losing weight as well. Around 8 pounds over the last six weeks. I think because I've cut out a lot of fatty foods. However the weight loss seems to have stabilized at 130 pounds. I've been scanning the recipe book for high calorie foods. I particularly like the banana carob shake in the recipe book. It's fairly high in calories while still being IBS safe.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#335752 - 09/07/08 08:16 AM
Jenny B

Reged: 03/27/07
Loc: Montana

I can relate to the weight loss. I am 5 ft 2 in and right now I weigh about 100 pounds. If I could 4 or 5 pounds I would be thrilled. And it seems like I can't gain weight around my rib cage area...I don't know why.

But I try to keep the calories coming by drinking Odwalla Protein drinks, they are made with soy and I think they taste great. I also try to put as much Earth Balance on bread and pasta as I can.

I hope everyone hangs in there!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 313 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6693

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review