All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
dizzy spells
      #327471 - 03/30/08 06:37 AM
rstephens

Reged: 02/19/08

Does anyone else get dizzy spells/lightheadedness with their IBS? I'm wondering if it's related or if it's something else.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: dizzy spells new
      #327483 - 03/30/08 11:35 AM
Kimberley321

Reged: 01/21/08
Loc: London, UK

I get dizzy spells sometimes and my doc says there is nothing wrong with my blood sugar levels. At the same time as the dizzy spell i go shakey like i'm going to faint and feel hot. I've been feeling better on the EFI diet and if i always remember to eat little and often i am normally ok.

You should definitely see your doc though as self-diagnosis could cause you more probs. If you find there is nothing wrong with your blood suar levels i would still advise carrying food and water with you to eat if you start to feel dizzy. I find this helps a lot.

#327491 - 03/30/08 01:41 PM
rstephens

Reged: 02/19/08

Yes, for me too the dizzy spells aren't as often since I've been taking the acacia and watching what I eat, but I still once in a while get a little light headed and I feel extreme fatigue. It may just be that I have two young children and they wear me out so much. I take multi vitamins because I'm breastfeeding and I'm a vegetarian. I notice the dizzy spells get much worse if I don't take my vitamin for a few days. I always seem to feel this way more often during the winter for some reason. Maybe I should see a nutritionist too.

#327492 - 03/30/08 03:51 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

You also might want to keep an eye on your blood pressure - mine is very low 100/68 is my average lately. I have dizzy spells if I stand up too quick or have my head down to the floor. And they worsen if I haven't eaten in too long.

Good luck!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#327538 - 03/31/08 11:12 AM
peteK

Reged: 12/12/07

Yes I feel dizzy, lethargic, have blurred vision and can't think clearly (like a mental fog) on a daily basis, usually mid afternoon. Some days are 10x worse than others and I can only think that it's down to diet. I've accepted it as part and parcel of IBS

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 153 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1449

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review