All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: IBS-Cs jumping in would be helpful here (m) new
      #327221 - 03/26/08 10:16 AM
amyleanne

Reged: 02/22/08
Loc: Canada

Yes I do have a least a little bit or rice or pasta with almost every meal. If I don't have it with a meal I will have a piece of bread before I eat. How much water are you drinking? I drink about 2 liters a day.
Right now I am only adding about a tablespoon of bran to my cereal. This was suggested by one of the people here on the boards. I plan on slowly increasing the amount.
I'm taking 3 teaspoons of acaia a day. I take it when my stomach is empty before I eat.
Friuts are kind of sketchy right now. I can't eat it on an empty stomach and I cannot eat oranges or apples... Too much acid. I can eat melon, peaches, and some berries after a meal.
Hope this helps you

--------------------
*Amy*

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#327235 - 03/26/08 11:38 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Quote:

tablespoon of bran to my cereal

Is this pure wheat bran...like a powder?

Maybe I'm just eating too much white rice with a meal. I eat 1/4 cup dry, which is one serving, though. I have to find my own system, but it's hard and I just want to copy someone else's who has C and finding relief!

Whoa, I am not drinking enough at all!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#327243 - 03/26/08 12:47 PM
amyleanne

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a problem with you C. I used to be the same way. I can still get really bad C if I'm not careful.
I use All Bran cereal in the morning. It's 100% bran cereal and it looks like little twigs(and tastes like it too) I started this week with 1 tablespoon on rice krispies and soy milk. I'm going to increase this by a tablespoon every week. Don't forget WATER WATER WATER! I used to hate drinking it too... but you do get used to it
Feel free to email me at amypetro84@yahoo.ca if you have any other questions

--------------------
*Amy*

That is so nice of you! new
      #327249 - 03/26/08 01:26 PM
Jordy

I would love to talk more with you, especially about the veggies that you find most helpful and tolerable.

Thank you for being so willing to offer help!

BTW, did you realize that Fiber One has artificial sweetener in it?

--------------------

Re: That is so nice of you! new
      #327250 - 03/26/08 01:41 PM
amyleanne

Feel free to email me with any questions. The diet has really helped me.
I don't use Fiber One. I use All Bran. If it has artificial sweetners in it... I didn't notice. There's probably not enough to bother my stomach

--------------------
*Amy*

#327260 - 03/26/08 02:34 PM
Jordy

All Bran has artificial sweetener in it too.

--------------------

#327265 - 03/26/08 02:45 PM
amyleanne

You are right... I just checked it now. It doesn't bother my tummy though and mine is pretty sensitive. You can get organic bran cereal in the health food stores and in the health section of any grocery store.

--------------------
*Amy*

What to do about all the gas! new
      #327287 - 03/26/08 06:06 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I am ibs-c and I go about every 2 days and witch is a whole lot better than when I started on here but the gas is killing me. I take beano drink fennel tea and theres stil gas. I have had this same stomach ache now for the last 24 hrs and its all gas.. what to do i just want rid of it. I may go 2 or 3 days with out gas then go 3 or 4 with nothing but gas and gas cramps and pain any help would be appericated thanks!
emmasmom
GAS !!!

Re: I think I know what might help! new
      #327293 - 03/26/08 07:36 PM
journeying2healthy

Reged: 03/24/08
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Ooooh I think I've got something for you that has DEFINITELY helped me a GREAT DEAL!!!!!
Dill seeds!!! It's the main ingredient in gripe water, used to relieve colic(gas pain) in infants.
It's also prescribed in ayurvedic medicine to relieve gas, and my Indian grandmother always gave it to me as a child for stomachaches/gas tension.
What I do is I boil dill seeds and add the water to fennel tea, but when it's real bad I'll take the raw seeds, chew em up real well(tastes kinda nasty but it really works) and follow with a lot of water.
Try it, it really does work! Also, you may want to give gripe water a try. You need a LOT more than an infant would need, but I've definitely heard of adults taking gripe water for relieving gas pain.
Also, beano won't do anything but prevent flatulence. It doesn't do anything for the gas that is trapped already in the intestine, causing the pain. Simethicone is probably a better gas medication if anything(I was told by a pharmacist that it would prevent trapped gas) but beano prevents the fermenting process that causes flatulence. I'm pretty sure it doesn't stop gas pain though.
Hope this helps!!!!!!! And let me know if dill helps you! I'm almost certain it will!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Much blessings to everybody for good health and true happiness ~ Jaya

Re: I think I know what might help! new
      #327509 - 03/31/08 06:22 AM
Ms.Major

Reged: 01/17/07

I am most curious about trying the gripe water. I will get gaseous at random times of day--usually when I get really stressed. I am not a fan of the fennel tea, but if that is what I need to use with the dill seeds then I will. Could I put the boiled dill seeds in with other caffeine free tea like chamomiele (sp?)? I have looked on-line at different places to purchase gripe water too. Do you know if Whole Foods or other stores carry it? Thanks for this piece of information.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3659 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8301

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review