All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
My apologies - I thought we were having a discussion -nt- new
      #327644 - 04/01/08 04:48 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: try to be less annoying new
      #327656 - 04/02/08 05:05 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Ehm, I just read through the entire thread but I didn't see where Syl was specifically telling someone that eating yogurt and drinking whole milk might be just fine for them. She only stated that that's what they used in that particular product trial. That is a fact, not a recommendation.
I also agree that a minuscule amount of dairy in a supplement should be ok for most IBS sufferers. IBS is not like allergies when even a tiny amount can cause a deadly histamine reaction. After all, lots of people here have no problems eating soy or rice substitutes while these also often contain casein.
I'm really sorry to see such harsh words here. One of the reasons I like it here is because I feel like this is a nice community of people trying to help each other. We can't see that on many different boards. I really wish it stays that way .

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Thank you Syl new
      #327658 - 04/02/08 05:19 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

When I look at this board I ALWAYS read your posts because I gain so much knowledge from you. Maybe it is because we are both IBS with fructose intolerance. Keep posting so I can keep learning.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

Re: Thank you Syl new
      #327659 - 04/02/08 06:09 AM

Unregistered

Syl, I agree with Barbara. You are very knowledgeable and I too make it a point to read your posts.

#327661 - 04/02/08 06:27 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I, too, always read your posts and appreciate what you have to say and the information you provide. Thank you, Syl!

Re: probiotics success - any long term information? new
      #328458 - 04/18/08 05:02 PM
CJIBSDG

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Idaho

I take Udo's Choice Super Bifido plus and have had remarkable results (this is the first and only thing that I've had significant results from). You can order this online, shipped to you on ice from: http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=3705630389853301316&at=0

It may be too soon to consider it long term. As I took it for 1 month in Dec. or Jan. then switched to Align which immediately resulted in the same old problems so I got back on Udo's. I've been back on Udo's for almost 2 months again and have been doing absolutely FANTASTIC.

Because I tried it, went off, then back on, my opinion is that it truly is the working - The proof is in the pudding so to speak.

I wish you the best!

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

#328469 - 04/18/08 10:14 PM
Angel in Pain

Reged: 03/25/07

Thank You Syl, for all your input, you always seem to know a lot of what's goind on with IBS and we appreciate all your input. If it were not people like you who research so much info and understand what your reading, People like me would not know were to start let alone understand most of the information that is put out there. You always have a way of explaining thing to were we can really understand them. Thanks again. Now what is you input about Udo's Choise Super Bifido Plus Probiotic. Also as you may know It's not me that has IBS it's my special daughter and I just have to go by what y'all are trying because I don't really know how she is feeling or what she is going through. I do know that she is doing better since I've have her on the IBS diet, but she still is hurting and bloated more days than I would like. I have to say Thank you All for your help. I can only go by what y'all are going through and the information you talk about to try and figure out what she is going through. But she is a lot better than what she was a year ago.
Thank again,
eva

#328764 - 04/23/08 08:11 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I cannot find any information on the UDO Choise Super Bifido Plus Probiotic. Is that the right name? Here is a link to the UDO probiotics

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

udo's website new
      #328768 - 04/23/08 09:40 PM
sun

Reged: 11/26/06

http://www.udoerasmus.com/productmain.htm

i am interested in this one:
http://www.udoerasmus.com/products/probiotics_hi-bowel_en.htm

udo's stuff is top notch.

--------------------
ibs-c,gerd,small hiatal hernia ...thank you for the board and for helping me with my questions.<3

Re: But new
      #328842 - 04/25/08 09:28 AM
Robbie0166

Reged: 04/25/08

I am completely new to this board. My 12 year old son is the one with IBS. I have ordered the diet kit #2. can I use an adult dose with him? I'm hoping for a miracle. Some days are ok, but some are so awful that I just want to cry for him. He asks me all the time if there is such a thing as a stomach transplant. If there is any advice you can give me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 993 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 62366

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review