All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Can't stop having water D :(
      #326956 - 03/21/08 06:13 AM
Tinkerbelle

Reged: 04/17/05
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

Hi guys... I haven't had a flare up in ages, but I am having a really bad one right now. I had the stomach flu about 3 months ago, but felt okay because I knew the reason (everyone at my work had it)... but two days ago, I felt really sick in the morning after getting little sleep. I barely ate anything all day, and woke up yesterday even more sick, having D on and off all day. Now it's 6 am and I've been up for 2 hours running to the toilet have the big D, and the water kind at that!!
I already took 2 charcoal caps and 2 immodium! Usually that would stop me up like crazy, but it's not working at all. Anyone ever experienced this? Do you think it's an IBS flare up caused by not eating, or the stomach flu again? Thing is, no one around me has it so it wouldn't make much sense...
Just seeking support, advice, and any answers you may have!!!
THANKS!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Can't stop having water D :( new
      #326958 - 03/21/08 07:46 AM
Tinkerbelle

Now I have taken 4 Imodiums and it still has not stopped WTF is wrong with me?!

#326965 - 03/21/08 09:03 AM
Kimberley321

Reged: 01/21/08
Loc: London, UK

If the symptoms are not the norm for you you could have stomach flu, picked up a bug or got food poisoning. It prob won't help to take the immodium if it is a bug becasue D is your body's natural reaction to get the bug out of you. Drink a salt and sugar water solution so you don't get dehydrated, get some rest and definitely see your doctor if it doesn't clear up in 24 hours. I wish you good health.

#327004 - 03/21/08 02:21 PM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

Good advice. I came down with the stomach bug on Wednesday night. I don't know where I got it but I realized within 15 minutes of the first trip to the bathroom that this was not IBS. I had a fever and chills after all the D and nausea was over. This morning (Friday) I was OK but weak and I started back on my IBS diet with hot herbal tea and acacia and cream of rice. I have not had any other symptoms today and I hope it stays that way. Hope you feel better really soon.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

#327016 - 03/21/08 06:25 PM
Tinkerbelle

thanks for the advice guys I appreciate it... I am feeling better now (not having an more D) but I still haven't eaten and am so hungry! I went to the doc today and he said it's either IBS, stomach flu or food poisoning! But I have no fever and no vomiting, so who knows what it is really...

#327018 - 03/21/08 07:10 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids so you don't get dehydrated! And try some plain white rice - it'll help you hunger AND the D.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#327021 - 03/21/08 09:01 PM
Tinkerbelle

thank u... a little scared to have rice but may try that at some point tonight...
i've been drinking smart water, vitamin water, and eating a few soda crackers.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 223 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1771

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review