All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What to mix with Acacia...
      #326753 - 03/18/08 08:30 AM
Springtime09

Reged: 07/30/06
Loc: East Coast

I read a letter from someone in Heather's latest e-mail that said we should drink Acacia Tummy Fiber mid day before lunch to help with the gas attacks and passing gas. Is there anything in particular that I should mix the Acacia with? Should the liquid be hot or cold and how long before I eat a meal should I do this?
Thanks, Carrie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What to mix with Acacia... new
      #326771 - 03/18/08 12:06 PM

Unregistered

I mix mine with cool (not cold) water. I take mine in the morning about an hour before breakfast and then again around 8pm.....

#326779 - 03/18/08 02:51 PM
Springtime09

Reged: 07/30/06
Loc: East Coast

Thanks, I'll try that. I have been mixing it with my oatmeal and with lunch and again with oatmeal at night. I was wondering if mixing it before meals would cut down on the passing gas I have been having.

#326780 - 03/18/08 03:04 PM
amyleanne

Reged: 02/22/08
Loc: Canada

I try to take my SFS about a half hour before I eat. I usually mix it with pure organic cranberry juice(no cranberry cocktails allowed). This helps me with the gas and bloating I used to have after meals...
Everyone is different. Just keep trying until you find a method that works for you.
Best of luck!

--------------------
*Amy*

#326785 - 03/18/08 04:00 PM
SLHoutz56841

Reged: 12/05/04
Loc: We are right in the middle of the state of Pennsylvania, USA :)

I have been mixing mine with tap water 3 times per day ... I just slug it down ... lol ... one time I mistakenly had used warm water ... YUCK!

--------------------
IBS-D, GERD, Hiatal Hernia --- very unstable

#326799 - 03/19/08 07:05 AM
ElenaDragon

Reged: 06/04/07

I put 2 teaspoons in my oatmeal every morning (I mix it up dry before adding water, doesn't clump that way), and I also mix 2 teaspoons in a bottle of water that I sip on all day.

The Acacia doesn't all dissolve right away, even in cool or room temperature water. But I've found that if you can shake it up (like in a water bottle), and just let it sit for a while it all dissolves perfectly.

--------------------
Lisa
IBS-A, Interstitial Cystitis, Migraines

#326811 - 03/19/08 08:59 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

In the morning I mix it with my soy milk before pouring it onto my cereal. I find it best to put the Acacia in the glass first, then add a little soy milk and stir immediately, then add more soy milk while stirring. If I do it the other way around, I find the Acacia clumps up too much, even if I'm stirring while pouring it in.

In the evening, I take it in water. With water, I can add the Acacia after I've already poured the glass - I just stir while gradually pouring int he Acacia. It turns your water cloudy and makes it slightly frothy, but that's okay.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1713 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1597

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review