All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Stuck on bland diet, any ideas for a Birthday dinner
      #326734 - 03/17/08 10:44 PM
Photofabix

Reged: 06/03/07
Loc: N Florida

Well right now I'm able to tolerate bland foods, IE poached chicken, white rice, cream of rice. I put my self on this a few weeks ago, and so far so good as long as I keep it bland.

My Birthday is Saturday, it's really just another day anymore and I don't have anything planed, but I would like something other then poached chicken and rice *blah* I'm so in the mood for pizza but I don't really want to be reckless and make my self sick because of a craving.

Any ideas?

Also I was thinking of making some kind of dessert, I was going to attempt an Angel Food cake but I don't have a tube pan (nor the money to run out and get one lol) I'll probably end up making Heathers Chocolate Applesauce cake.

--------------------
IBS-D, Lactose Intolerant, latex allergy, MCS, Sun allergies, depression/anxiety, 156 pounds weight loss now (still dropping), cramping, rarely leave the house.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Stuck on bland diet, any ideas for a Birthday dinner new
      #326738 - 03/18/08 05:28 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

Happy Birthday to you!!! I know what you mean about the bland diet. Sometimes I get so tired to white food--I'd really like to kick up my heels and eat something spicy but alas I always have to pay the price. Recently I have added red bell peppers to my chicken along with steamed spinach and I am tolerating them well (cooked of course). I know thats not pizza but don't do the pizza--I tried that and it took two weeks to get really "normal" again (not that we ever experience normal). Instead of focusing on food go do something you like on your birthday--a movie, a walk in the park, a visit with a dear friend, etc.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

#326747 - 03/18/08 07:09 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

try poatoe fries in the oven. Can you handle fish?. Or make some soup. Just plain chicken and noodle soup would be a change. You could also make the peppemint fudge cake. I know how hard it is to try to celebrate your birthday with out having what you want. Just don't concerate on food. Have a nice Birthday.
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas

#326748 - 03/18/08 07:17 AM
s229

Reged: 02/07/08
Loc: Boston

Amy's No-Cheese Roasted Vegetable Pizza is good, and they also make a dairy-free pizza that has soy cheese (I have not tried).

INGREDIENTS : (VEGAN) ORGANIC WHEAT FLOUR WITH ORGANIC OAT BRAN AND WHEAT GERM, ORGANIC ONIONS, FILTERED WATER, ARTICHOKES, EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, ORGANIC ROASTED RED PEPPERS, ORGANIC TOMATOES, ORGANIC SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS, ORGANIC AGAVE NECTAR, BALSAMIC VINEGAR, SEA SALT, EXPELLER PRESSED HIGH OLEIC SAFFLOWER OIL, ORGANIC EVAPORATED CANE JUICE, ORGANIC GARLIC, ORGANIC LEMON JUICE, YEAST, SPICES. CONTAINS WHEAT.

#326762 - 03/18/08 10:13 AM
Photofabix

Reged: 06/03/07
Loc: N Florida

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. The soup is a good idea, last week I made some using Swanson organic chicken broth, Barilla Gemelli pasta and some poached chicken. I seemed to do alright with it, so maybe I'll make that again

As for the suggestion on going to a friends, I wish I had some up here lol, I haven't made any since relocated up here. A movie would be fun, I just don't know if I trust my stomach for a 70 mile round trip

--------------------
IBS-D, Lactose Intolerant, latex allergy, MCS, Sun allergies, depression/anxiety, 156 pounds weight loss now (still dropping), cramping, rarely leave the house.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 268 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1239

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review