All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Thai restaurant: what to eat?
      #326534 - 03/13/08 09:03 AM
Kim2884

Reged: 09/10/05
Loc: CT, USA

I'm having lunch with a friend at a Thai restaurant on Saturday. I've never had thai food, and I've heard that a lot of it is spicy, and some dishes are really high in fat because of the peanut sauces. Needless to say, I'm a little scared and have no idea what I can eat there.

I can tolerate dairy and most vegetables okay, but I try to stay away from wheat and I definitely don't like to eat anything with garlic, onions,peppers, or many spices at all. I like my food pretty bland. Any suggestions?

--------------------
Kim

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thai restaurant: what to eat? new
      #326537 - 03/13/08 09:55 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I do well with pad thai (aka pud thai). My favorite Thai restaurant does a pretty light version. Ask if they can leave off the peanuts. Lard Nar may also be good for you.
There's also a soup I get that isn't spicy either, but I can't remember the name of it.

All of these dishes are made with rice noodles. Not all Thai food is spicy or made with peanut sauce or coconut milk (something else to steer clear of).

#326539 - 03/13/08 09:59 AM
ElenaDragon

Reged: 06/04/07

Mmm, I love pad thai, and it is usually pretty mild. I like it with chicken or tofu.

--------------------
Lisa
IBS-A, Interstitial Cystitis, Migraines

#326542 - 03/13/08 11:36 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

LOL I had Pad Thai last night with shrimps.. Ask for it with very little oil and not to spicy. I love it and I was fine today. And I am not a big fan of spicy food. They can make anything mild and just light on oil. This is what I usually get so I cant give you any other suggestions..sorry

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

fresh spring rolls new
      #326552 - 03/13/08 05:36 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Fresh spring rolls are a great starter. They have very little fat and give a base for your dinner. Make sure they are fresh, meaning not fried, aka summer rolls.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: fresh spring rolls new
      #326556 - 03/13/08 08:15 PM
Kim2884

Reged: 09/10/05
Loc: CT, USA

Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm happy to hear that many of you have been able to eat Thai food without any problems! I was looking at their menu online, and I think I may try a rice noodle soup.

--------------------
Kim

Re: fresh spring rolls new
      #326666 - 03/16/08 05:31 AM
Jeremiah

Reged: 03/16/08
Loc: Rome, Georgia

Strangely enough I eat Masaman Curry Chicken about once a week and have never felt bad from it.

--------------------
AIM: tehjrow
Yahoo: tehjrow
MSN: jtowe@taxwise.com
Feel free to IM me!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 300 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1633

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review