All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
thanks everyone
      #326510 - 03/12/08 12:46 PM
AndrewIBSC

Reged: 03/23/07
Loc: PHiladelphia, PA

well I am officially stopping the Efi diet. After one year on it I definitely feel somewhat better physically but the emotional toll it has taken on me is ungodly. I wish everyone the best and hope that you can fair better than I did. I hate to say it but I feel so free right now. Best of luck, andrew

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: thanks everyone new
      #326521 - 03/12/08 04:31 PM
MelanieR

Reged: 02/15/07
Loc: Florida

Good luck Andrew. Hope wellness finds you.

--------------------
Crohns, lactose intolerant

#326531 - 03/13/08 06:45 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Good luck! Do you have another dietary plan or are you going back to eating everything?

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#326536 - 03/13/08 09:28 AM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hi Andrew,
I visit this website because it is so informative, and I believe the EFI's basic principles are sound. However I no longer follow the diet to the letter since that wasn't the answer for me. I highly recommend you seek out a naturopath. I am having lots of success with mine. Best of luck!

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#326543 - 03/13/08 11:38 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

Good luck to you..

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Renee21 new
      #326557 - 03/13/08 09:46 PM

Unregistered

Hey, can I ask how your approach deviates from EFI? I know what I do slightly differently. Just curious about how you've modified. Thanks...Jen

#326585 - 03/14/08 11:26 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Hi Andrew. Not sure if you will be coming back to check your responses but I wanted to say I give you lots of credit for following your "gut" and moving on to something that may free your mind up for the better. IBS seems like a prison when you are eating and doing everything right, yet still suffer plus have the addition of emotional toll. Sometimes I wish I hadn't read so much as now I am symptomatic and emotionally so drained and confused as to what I must still be doing wrong. I just haven't had the courage to do what you have done...and move on. Maybe, one day, I will follow your decision? It's hard to know when you have given it enough time....or wonder if relief is right around the corner and not wanting to let go of a year of getting to that point, even though you don't feel it yet. How do you know when you have given it enough time?? I don't know.

Do you really think you will be able to eat/drink things that you previously read (and have not had) in a year?

I was wondering what Zara asked also....do you have any plan? Are you going to continue to follow any of the principles of the EFI diet? How "liberal" are you going to be? Gonna eat a pizza and soda! Or just not read labels so compulsively?

I know you will most likely continue with the Acacia, as you seem happy with it. I'm just really curious as to what your plan is.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your emotional freedom.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Renee21 new
      #326882 - 03/20/08 08:47 AM
Jordy

I'm also interested!

--------------------

#326894 - 03/20/08 10:47 AM
melinda413

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Findlay, OH

I just wanted to post and say that I stopped following the EFI diet about 6 months ago because of a lot of reasons but I still like to watch the boards here. This website was very helpful, and I still follow the basics, but not everything to the letter anymore.

I have no problems with milk or any dairy problems, I cut it all out when I first started this and found no benefits from it so I added them back to my diet. I always try to base my meals around fiber, especially when i eat out. I make sure to eat bread or rolls before I eat my actual food. I feel that gives me a cushion where the food doesn't bother me as much as it would have otherwise. I also drink alcohol, very little but I do drink. I drink fruity drinks when I go out to eat with my boyfriend.
I have not done bad at all over the last 6 months, I get constipated every once in a while but I am not having the severe cramping and pain I was having when I first found this diet. I think that this diet helped get my stomache back to normal, and now I may not be normal but I can find something to eat almost anywhere I can go. I just try to make sure I snack on the basic that help me. These are graham crackers, pretzels, cold cereal and sourdough bread along those lines. I have been eating more vegetables than I used to and that has been giving me gas which I am haivng issues with getting rid of, but other than that I feel good!

I just thought I would share my insights. I don't want to offend anyone on the diet, that's why I don't post that often. I just like to watch what others have to say and see if anything applies to me!

--------------------
Melinda
IBS-A but leans toward C mostly

So, what do you eat? new
      #326896 - 03/20/08 10:52 AM
Jordy

How liberal are you with your diet, besides the dairy? I miss coffee and pizza!

Are you taking an SFS or anything else? Doing anything else? (ie, hypno, etc).

How do you read the boards without going all the way back to the EFI way of eating? You must really believe in yourself! I envy you! I get so scared.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1017 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4649

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review