Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Colonoscopy
      #326492 - 03/12/08 08:51 AM
redsoxgirlforever

Reged: 06/22/05
Loc: Boston

Hi,

Has anyone noticed a change in their body AFTER a colonoscopy? I have only had two bowel movements since I had one last week, which is ok because I haven't been C - but both bowel movements were D. I usually drink two cups of strong fennel tea every morning and it works great. However, I don't feel like the tea is having an effect on my symptoms now. I am very nervous!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Colonoscopy new
      #326513 - 03/12/08 02:09 PM
beezer00

Reged: 01/16/08

I had some bowel changes for about 1 1/2 weeks after my colonoscopy...it took my body a little bit to get readjusted after using the laxatives for the colonscopy prep. I also felt very bloated and had some abdominal pain for about a week...then I went back to "normal".

#326523 - 03/12/08 05:31 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

it took my body a few weeks to readjust back to "not normal" lol after my colonoscopy. I wasn't C though, I couldn't keep any solid food in for a few days and it took awhile to get back to eating meals

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#326541 - 03/13/08 10:39 AM
s229

Reged: 02/07/08
Loc: Boston

I wouldn't be overly concerned. I am one of the "fortunate" ones who has had 3 colonoscopies (3 different doctors all of whom thought the other did not know what they were doing), and had different bowel habits for a couple of weeks afterward. Any longer than that you might want to touch base with your doctor. As a side note, I was hoping by the third time that maybe the tube would jar something loose and I would be "cured." No such luck

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1545 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 995

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review