All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
anxious about war?
      #3264 - 03/19/03 08:39 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Is anyone anxious about the upcoming war? My nerves are shot!! I can't eat anything without going to the bathroom and this isn't normally my personality (that is not to worry). 12 years ago when U.S. invaded Iraq I was in College and engaged with no children. It didn't bother me as much, but now with three children and the fear of something hurting them is overwhelming for me. I don't know how the rest of you feel, but I sure hope my IBS doesn't flare up with me. It has been a few months since I spent a day on the toilet.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: anxious about war? new
      #3270 - 03/19/03 09:10 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Honestly - I have been having terrible sleeps this past few nights and having dreams of being in the war personally.

I have to stop falling asleep with the TV on. But yah - for some reason this war is really affecting my day life too. When Desert Storm hit in the early 90's I was only 12 or so and never really paid too much attention to it.

I personally don't understand the war details, but I just have trouble agreeing that the best way to deal with terrorism is to kill some of their people (EYE for an EYE) I just have trouble agreeing with that because we were taught as kids - if your sister hits you don't hit her back. But once you are adults - and war is coming about - it is a totally different philosophy.

I have no kids, but am still equally worried over this war.

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#3275 - 03/19/03 09:36 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Lana Marie - I'm also anxious about this war situation, but of an older generation than you. I think this is the only way to stop that monster, Saddam Hussein, because if we don't do this (like we should've done in the Gulf War), we'll be very sorry. The US is only looking out for its own and whatever damage we cause over there, we will help fix up the country/people. The countries that are against what the US wants to do, well...that's another story.

This reminds me of capital punishment in the US. We have all these montrous men/women who commit horrendous crimes and we "keep them" the rest of their natural lives in prison (with their TV's, computers, etc.) when the people they killed and the families they affected are in ruin. Then, because of good behavior, they get paroled to do these awful crimes all over again. An "eye for an eye" is sometimes the only way to deal with these problems and people. In foreign countries, they don't have crime at the rate we do here in the US because the punishment is so terrible that the perps thinks twice about doing something bad. Hussein thinks he can do anything he wants and to anybody he wants, especially to his own people (who he doesn't give a rat's ear about anyway). People like that have to be stopped no matter what the cost--Hitler was another example. It seems the younger generation thinks differently than us older ones.

Try not to worry about it. What will happen, will happen, no matter how much you worry. It's not worth an IBS relapse, is it? We have to believe in what the leaders of our country are doing.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth!

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#3281 - 03/19/03 09:58 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

My husband and I have been going back and forth about what we feel about the war. We have not come to a complete decision on how we feel about the war. I think Saddam is a very evil person like Hitler and should be stopped and if this is the way then so be it. So in that way Sharon, I agree with you.

As far as worring, I give it over to God. I can not change anything by worrying. I pray for wisdom for President Bush, the men and women in the service and that it will end soon with very little deaths. My daughters know nothing about the possible war and that is the way I would liked to keep it. I will just have to keep living each day as normal as possible for their sakes.

#3282 - 03/19/03 10:06 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I agree w/ Torbetta. I have to give these things over to the Lord who is in ultimate control anyway, of the good and the bad, I believe. My personal opinions lean towards being in support of what the President is trying to do, but not trying to spark a political debate. We need each other here, can't afford to be at each other over devisive issues!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#3286 - 03/19/03 10:24 AM
Lana_Marie

I agree with you for the prison thing - why the heck are these awful people getting to watch TV etc while in prison. This is so ridiculous. These people should not be killed though because they should suffer with what they have done. They should endure hard labour for the rest of their lives, NO PAROLE. They should think about what they have done and suffer.

I understand about the Saddem opinion you have, but the fact is that if they think killing Saddem is going to save that country they are going to be sadly surprised. He has so many followers and someone else will rise to power after his death.

There has got to be another way! Don't get me wrong I am not a peace keepin' rioter, just an plain, ol girl with an opinion.

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#3288 - 03/19/03 10:27 AM
Lana_Marie

You are so wonderful Torbetta! It is a wonderful way to look at it, but it is difficult to look at it that way sometimes.

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#3331 - 03/19/03 12:05 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

It is VERY SCARY! I can't listen to the news without crying! Terrorism used to feel so far away--in places like Israel--now we feel what they've been going through for years! It's SO SAD--and SO SCARY!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: anxious about war? a uk view new
      #3333 - 03/19/03 12:12 PM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

I've just seen a news flash saying bombing has started so I guess it's too late to start worrying, we're just going to have to see what happens. Here in the UK Tony Blair is having a really rough time and the majority of the country is against the war. They are all knocking him for caring more about this conflict than issues which need dealing with here eg nationwide firefighter strikes (they called yesterday's one off thank God). At least in the US Bush seems to be getting supported. I think we just need to pray for all our servicepeople out there sorting this out for us
Sarah

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

Re: anxious about war new
      #3336 - 03/19/03 12:33 PM
Lana_Marie

You know sometimes I wonder what this world is coming to with nurses striking, firefighters striking, post office people and news crews killing one another and now the war.

I honestly worry about having kids in this world where it is so hard for myself to stay on the right path and not get sucked up into the news crap. What do you do with children who are so impressionable and you are not with for 8 hours aday when they are at school or at friends housing playing etc.

This is one of my major worries. Especially with the economy being the way it is - it is difficult for families to have a stay at home in the picture anymore because it is so difficult to live on a single income. Then the government has the nerve to blame child problems on mothers working - when they are the ones that caused the mothers to have to work for couples to keep their heads above water.

This is a crazy, crazy world.

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#3348 - 03/19/03 02:17 PM
firstcav

Loc: QUEENS NEW YORK

I BACK PREIDENT BUSH 100% WE WILL COME OUT OF THIS SMEELING LIKE ROSES. I THANK ALL THE COUNTIES THAT ARE SUPPORTING US.
REGARDS EVERYYONE
ANTHONY NAM COMBAT VET

#3350 - 03/19/03 02:33 PM
ConcreteAngel

Loc: New Jersey,USA

Personally, I think war is dumb. but thats just be, because i dont beleive in killing. im not anxious about war at all, but thats just cause of my strong religious beliefs.

*love thine own enemy*

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#3352 - 03/19/03 02:56 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

It is hard to have a family on a single income but you work it out. We try to stay on a budget and right now there is no way I could work. I am still contimplating home-schooling my daughters. We just have not been able to come to a decision on this.

#3395 - 03/19/03 07:12 PM
BarbaraS

Loc: Wisconsin

Wow!! Never thought my e-mail would get so many responses. It is very diffcult having children in todays society, but like Torbette said God is ultimately in control. Only He knows what the outcome will be.
It is the end of the day for me and my nerves are more calmed after talking to friends. My children are safely nestled in their beds and they have no idea the war started. My kids do hear a lot from school and spent a good part of my night talking about war with them and why it happens. Their fears put my fears into perscpective tonight, because I don't want them to see me fearful.
Without giving my opinion about the war I feel I still have to respect Presindent Bush decision whether or not I agree with him. He is our presindent and he didn't make a rash decision - he took his time before going to war and that is what I respect.

Re: anxious about war? from an Aussie new
      #3407 - 03/19/03 08:46 PM
Trish

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Australia

I think it is horrible what is happening in our world. But, I too have to leave it up to the Lord. Keep praying! Our Prime Minister here is in deep water as well. I don't like to think of all the Iraqi children that will die as a result of this.
Trish

#3415 - 03/20/03 01:41 AM
Kimbo

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada

Yes & No. It's difficult for us because we're so far away from home. Not to mention the fact that Japan is an easy target for North Korea and that we are loaded with American bases!!

But I also have to trust the new security the States has and the confidence that this war will be over quickly. Iraq certainly doesn't have the same firepower!!

What's affecting us the most is that until the war is over - we're pretty much stranded on this tiny island called home. No way we're flying to North America during a war! And also there goes our vacation plans! We were hoping to go to Europe or Australia!!

Re: anxious about war? from an Aussie new
      #4706 - 03/31/03 07:42 PM
Lauren

Reged: 02/04/03
Loc: Sydney, Australia

From one Aussie to another, I think we need to believe in the decisions that our Prime Minister is making.. and just hope that the Lord is guiding him and looking after our troops..

#4717 - 03/31/03 08:15 PM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

As a Canadian living in the US, I'm opposed to the war, and have to admit that I found the 'rally around the flag' mentality that has occured here over the last two weeks really different. I do agree with several people on this thread that Saddam is one of the more brutal dictators, but unfortunately I can't seem to separate it out from all the other reasons that I think are just as prevalent for going in there (securing oil reserves, increasing American hegemony in the middle east) that I have more of an issue with. I'm not a complete pacifist, seeing a valuable role for the military in securing human rights and freedoms for people who are oppressed, but at the same time have yet to be convinced that we're doing this for the right reasons.

#4724 - 03/31/03 08:47 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

being in Canada I DON'T FEEL AS AFFECTED AS THE REST OF YOU, BUT I FEEL BAD FOR ALL THE INNOCENT PEOPLE THAT WILL BE AFFECTED, REFUGEES AND ONES THAT ARE KILLED FOR NO REASON. AS FOR GETTING RID OF HUSAAN, FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN, THEY ARE TRYING TO GET RID OF ALL HIS ARSENALS SO HE WON'T HAVE AS MUCH POWER. iAM SURE TRHEY WILL GO AFTER HIS FOLLOWERS AS WELL. PRES.BUSH WON'T STOP UNTIL HE HAS ACCOMPLISHED HIS GOAL 100%. :o :o

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2013 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5340

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review