All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
help for skinny girls!!!
      #325664 - 02/27/08 04:04 PM
cdc6800

Reged: 02/27/08
Loc: biloxi,ms

Hi, I am new to the website, its really neat that you guys get together and offer all this great info. I was diagnosed with IBS about 6 months ago, I have been dealing with the symptoms about 3 years though. I see that alot of people are concerned with gaining weight but I am on the other end of the spectrum, I am 5'5 ,23 years old and I fluctuate between 96-98 pounds. I know I am not supposed to eat high fat content foods, but I really would like to put on 10 or 15 pounds, any suggestions to put on weight without eating any of the trigger foods? Thanks!! Looking foward to hearing from yall!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: help for skinny girls!!! new
      #325685 - 02/28/08 08:26 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Have you talked to your doctor about adding calories to your diet without raising fat? I'm just guessing here but maybe you could increase your sugar intake. I really don't know though as I'm not a doctor. Perhaps you could speak to a nutritionist or dietician?

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#325687 - 02/28/08 08:33 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

When I was getting stable, I kept some weight on by eating as much rice and safe bread as I wanted. (Good think I like rice, eh?) I think I also ate a fair amount of safe sweets. Keep in mind those weren't the only things I was eating!

#325688 - 02/28/08 08:43 AM
cdc6800

I have talked to a nutritionist a few months ago when I was first diagnosed with IBS and was still figurng out what I can and cannot eat and most of the foods she recommended were not good for my stomach, so I just didn't know if there were any foods out there that had lots of calories but at the same time IBS friendly. Thanks for your respond!

#325689 - 02/28/08 08:45 AM
cdc6800

I love rice too! I didn't realize that it had lots of calories, I may try eating more rice then. thanks!!

#325692 - 02/28/08 09:07 AM

Unregistered

I'm in the same boat! I agree with Snorkie - I eat lots of rice and other safe carbs (try out the DElicous bread recipes)....just make sure that you still get anough of the other nutrients as well!

#325728 - 02/28/08 01:20 PM
Kimberley321

Reged: 01/21/08
Loc: London, UK

Hi, I have that problem too, i'm IBS D and lost a lot of weight in times when i just couldnt seem to get any food to stay inside long enough! I eat one luna bar a day, lots of fresh white bread, potato and I add sugar to my rice crispies. I can also tolerate bananas and nature valley oat bars. (I do eat some fruits and veggies too to balance it up a bit).

I've not managed to put back on the lost weight yet and it feels like i never stop eating but i'm hoping in time i can get back to a healthy weight! I think that the white bread has made the biggest difference to my IBS so far, allowing me to tolerate other foods.

#325768 - 02/28/08 05:57 PM
cdc6800

Thanks! You are not the only person that has recommended the Luna bars, I will try it. Good luck with the weight gaining!!

#325769 - 02/28/08 07:52 PM
Jenny B

Reged: 03/27/07
Loc: Montana

Odwalla Bars are another good source of calories, and they do have a specific protein bar as well. And the Odwalla drinks are fantastic, the Chocolate Soy is delicious, as well as the Super Protein Soy Almond one. The drinks pack 18 grams of soy protein in one bottle and almost 400 calories as well. Good luck!

#325795 - 02/29/08 07:31 AM
cdc6800

Very helpful! Do I need to go to a health food store to purchase those Odwalla bars and drinks?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 252 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2203

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review