All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
GAS ADVICE
      #325656 - 02/27/08 02:46 PM
pieta8

Reged: 05/10/06

IT SEEMS NO MATTER WHAT I DO I HAVE GAS- THE ONLY TIME I DON'T IS IF I DON;T EAT ANY VEGETABLES( I DO EAT THEM STEAMED AND IT STILL IS BAD),GARLIC, ONIONS, DAIRY, WHEAT- I FEEL I AM DOING ALL THE THINGS THAT ARE RIGHT- THE FENNEL TEA, THE PROBIOTICS- THE THINGS THE ACACIA- ETC ETC ETC.
BUT- I STILL KNOW THAT VEGGIES ARE IMPT TO EAT- YET THE ONLY WAY I DON'T GET A STOMACHE ACHE W/ GAS IS NOT TO EAT VEGGIES OR ANY TYPE OF RAW SALAD. ANY SUGGESTIONS/?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: GAS ADVICE new
      #325660 - 02/27/08 03:39 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

have you tried bean-o it really does help and start with the less gassie ones first. hope this helps
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#325754 - 02/28/08 03:16 PM
JJIbeach

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Wakefield, RI

Yes, taking about 3 Bean-o with insoluble fiber foods like vegetables has been enormously helpful for me as far as preventative measures. However, I am still suffering with what to do AFTER it's already happened!

--------------------
21, female, Long Island, NY
school in Kingston, RI

IBS-C, abdominal pain, gas, bloating, cramping; acid reflux; fibromyalgia; chronic fatigue syndrome; chronic headaches

"Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

"Suffering arises ... whenever we resist the flow of life and try to cling to fixed forms..., whether they are things, events, people, or ideas."

#325782 - 02/29/08 05:12 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

I grew up in the country and we had all the fresh veggies we could eat. I have always loved vegetables and now I can only have a few. I believe we are all different as to what we can tolerate. I can't have ANY raw salads--only pasta salad or rice salad in which I can tolerate small amounts of finely diced celery and onion. I do OK with carrots, spinach, asparagus and even well cooked green beans, but corn and tomatoes give me big trouble. To begin with all veggies should be cooked until easily mashed with a fork. After the gas goes away then you can slowly add some fresh stuff and see what works. It is a process of trial and error and the error hurts!!!

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 713 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 748

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review