All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: ACITVA YOUGURT new
      #325852 - 02/29/08 09:11 PM
cdc6800

Reged: 02/27/08
Loc: biloxi,ms

This yogurt was horrible on my stomach!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#325988 - 03/04/08 09:10 AM
Joaniebird

Reged: 09/30/06
Loc: Connecticut

Hi,
I love soy yogurt, but they haven't put that probiotic into soy yogurt yet. When they do it will be great. In the meantime I discovered something called Omniquest which is a box of different enzymes. For some reason when I take one right before eating it helps with gas, bloating and heartburn.

As far as fiber goes, I am C and D - I just never know what will trigger an attack. I can be eating all the right things, but have a shock like losing my job and an attack will occur and not get under control for a week or more. HOWEVER, all of Heather's ideas help. Eating just soluble fiber, eating simple things like rice porridge soup or cereal with rice milk, sandwiches made of chicken without anything too spicy and using the right bread - check your bread because Inulin and whey are now favorite ingredients for some weird reason. When I am stable I can put white beans in my soup or eat hummus with crackers and those insolubles help with C. It is a constant balancing act, but Heather's book and this board help so much!!!

--------------------
Joaniebird

#326908 - 03/20/08 12:20 PM
mammychelle

Reged: 08/10/07

My body actually tolerates this yogurt well! I take my fiber first, then eat some fiber one cereal (dry) along with it. I can also eat greek yogurt! go figure!

IBS D w/TONS OF GAS (but not after I eat this!)

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1992 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3428

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review