All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Claudie, have you ever tried Motofen? It is a little stronger than (m) new
      #325940 - 03/03/08 06:18 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

Lomotil and works fast. I have it for emergencies or when I simply can't have a problem. (long car ride, important meeting etc).

Ask your doctor.
Sandy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Claudie, have you ever tried Motofen? It is a little stronger than (m) new
      #325959 - 03/03/08 02:23 PM
Claudie

Reged: 12/29/07
Loc: Australia

Not sure if I can get it. I can't see it (or its active ingredients) listed on any Australian pharmacies but will phone my Dr today - I'll let you know.
Thanks

--------------------
IBS D

#325972 - 03/04/08 12:05 AM
Claudie

Reged: 12/29/07
Loc: Australia

Its not available in Australia, I have been searching to see if it is available on line so I can order it from the US but it looks as if it is prescription only so its doubtful I can get it.

--------------------
IBS D

Re: does anyone else have bad days right out of the blue? new
      #325975 - 03/04/08 06:38 AM
Aoife

Reged: 03/04/08

Hi there! Yes I know exactly what you mean. There are times when there is no possible reason for an attack and nothing is going to stop it. A lot is not known about this condition and I put it down to the unknown. But trust me its not your fault.

#325982 - 03/04/08 08:18 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

I'm sorry about that. Maybe they have an equivalant to that somewhere? I'd ask my doctor to see.

Sandy

The balancing act! new
      #326659 - 03/15/08 09:55 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Your system is soo familiar to me. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

The way I equate it to people who don't know is to use insulin and sugar as an example. Diabetics have to check their sugar and regulate how much insulin they need... if they have too much of one or the other, there are side effects specific to both. Big time effects! Coma! Seizure! Maybe your psychiatrist can understand this example. Debilitating pain and anxiety are no less frightening to me!

Our lives come with a degree of hyper-vigilance normal people can't understand because they don't live it. It sucks being caught in this balancing act. But we're good at it!! You know your body's rhythm and you know what to expect! This alone cuts the potential anxiety we'd face if we hadn't figured it out!!

Please take hope and strength that you're not alone!!! You know, you can take a gentle soluble fiber like a small amount of benefiber with Imodium. It can help smooth out the constipation effects while not interfering with the preventative effects of the Imodium! Just a thought if you have some time over a weekend to experiment.

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 984 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4446

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review