All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Daily Schedule
      #324929 - 02/18/08 08:15 AM
bbrussie

Reged: 01/18/08
Loc: Des Moines

I am new to all of this, so it's a lot to digest (ha!)
Can anyone tell me what their daily schedule is like? I am trying to figure out how to fit in the cooking (shopping for special ingredients and cleanup too), snacks, tea, exercise, hypnotherapy, yoga, reading, etc. Trying to work out how I can go back to the office and keep all this up (without stressing myself). help

--------------------
Diagnosed February 2008, IBS-D. Trying to get through the day.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Daily Schedule new
      #324941 - 02/18/08 09:35 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

Hey Brusse,

First of all take a deep breath!! Okay so basically rome wasnt built in a day. What you need to do is start with making a list of safe choice staples. ie: Fresh french or sourdough breads, boars head all natural turkey breast from your local deli, fresh poultry turkey breast, chicken. I do best with Organic. It costs more but much easier on the tummy if you can afford it. Pick up some safe snacks Rice Chex ceral, Honey combs, pretzels, fruit leathers, organic apple sauce. And last but not least some soy milk. Start with a small pint to see how it agrees with you?? Eat hot ceral, oatmeal or cream of rice for breakfast with soy milk for more protein to hold you in the morning. Quick sandwiches with snacks and apple sauce for work day. And then think fish,chicken with sweet potatoes,or white for dinner with smartbalance light. And whatever other safe veggies you like. It really is easy once you get the hand of it Welcome aboard.. I hope you are feeling better soon

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

#325030 - 02/19/08 02:48 PM
bbrussie

Reged: 01/18/08
Loc: Des Moines

Thanks, for your reply. I DO have all the staples. My problem is NO appetite, so I have to force myself to eat. I have to eat about every two hours or my stomach hurts and things go downhill from there (even with the teas).

I'm more interested in someone's (Heather?) "typical" daily routine to see how it all fits together. Since some things require taking an hour before eating (peppermint caps), or just before eating (fiber) I am having trouble scheduling and time gets away from me.

--------------------
Diagnosed February 2008, IBS-D. Trying to get through the day.

#325071 - 02/20/08 07:52 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

I had no appetite for the first two or three weeks of the diet. I think it had gone away because I was so sick with constant D and cramps. I kept safe snacks at my desk at work and every two hours I ate a handful of organic safe cookies (it is important that they are organic and have no HFCS), a rice cake or 1/2 rice cake, a small bowl of rice chex or even 1/2 of a baked potato (sweet or white). At lunch I would add 1/2 cooked chicken breast. I work full time, workout twice a week with a trainer, go to yoga class twice a week and have a husband and home too! For fun I play golf and I am very active in my church and several professional organizations. I found a good bakery and stop on the way home two times a week for fresh bread. I talked my local grocery store into stocking more organic items (they were building their organic section anyway) and I stop at the grovery twice a week for fresh meat, fruit and veggies. I bought a bread maker and a rice cooker. I use the bread maker on weekends when I'm home and I use the rice cooker every other day to keep a supply of fresh cooked rice available. I eat breakfast at work using our microwave to prepare cream of rice and I drink water (bottled) and herbal teas brewed from the supply I keep in my desk. In my purse I carry peppermint caps and imodium for when I mess up and need a little extra help. I get up 30 minutes earlier each day and spend that time doing yoga and meditating for stress control. I cook on Saturday (3 meals), Sunday (2 meals - quick breakfast before church), Tuesday (1 meal) and Thursday (1 meal). All meals except breakfast have leftovers for at least one lunch or dinner in the future. DON'T keep leftovers over two days. For some reason that gets me--it is important that everything be fresh. Benefit here is that I feel so much better and my husband is losing that 15 lbs. that the doctor has wanted him to lose because of my new way of cooking and eating!! I had already gotten too skinny but I am maintaining now so all is well.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 983 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 863

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review