All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
What's your safe fast food?
      #324704 - 02/14/08 06:13 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

The other day I had to eat lunch at the mall. Fortunately I knew about it before so I just packed and brought my safe sandwich with me. But as I was eating, I looked around and realized that if I actually had to buy something I'd have no idea what to get. So I'm asking, what's everyone's favorite/safe fast food?
Don't get me wrong, I cook from scratch as much as I can and fast food is a generally a no-no for me. But it's always nice to have some options for emergencies, etc. Thanks!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What's your safe fast food? new
      #324707 - 02/14/08 06:59 AM

Unregistered

I have had the grilled chicken sandwich (without mayo) at Burger King two times. Both times I was fine. I think the fat content is right around 7 grams.....not too bad right?

#324708 - 02/14/08 07:00 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I don't have any either. But wanted to ask what kind of bread you use to make your sandwich (and what you put on/in it).

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#324725 - 02/14/08 08:29 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Chicken or turkey sandwich at Subway - on white bread and minus cheese and mayo (I just get mustard).

Grilled (NOT breaded) chicken burger at Wendy's, Burger King, and even (gasp!) McDonald's - minus the sauce and/or mayo. They range from about 5 grams of fat to about 7 or 8. Not too bad at all! I haven't tried the McDonald's one, but the Wendy's and Burger King ones are okay.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#324766 - 02/14/08 03:06 PM
Zara

Thanks jhuggs and Erylin, I'm actually trying to eat wheat free now so I would stay away from the bun but I guess I could just eat the chicken breast and see if there are any chains who sell baked potatoes.

Jordy, I'm trying wheat free now so the bread I used was from Bob's Red Mill mix that I baked at home. I put mustard, ketchup, chicken breast and sliced avocado. Yum!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Baked Potatoes new
      #324771 - 02/14/08 04:05 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Wendy's actually sells a baked potato! They come with butter and chives, cheese and brocolli, or cheese and bacon, but you can ask for one plain! And you can get them as a side instead of fries, so you can get a grilled chicken burger and baked potato as a combo!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Re: Baked Potatoes new
      #324794 - 02/15/08 08:46 AM
Zara

Quote:

Wendy's actually sells a baked potato! They come with butter and chives, cheese and brocolli, or cheese and bacon, but you can ask for one plain! And you can get them as a side instead of fries, so you can get a grilled chicken burger and baked potato as a combo!

Oh, that's great news, thank Erilyn!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#324827 - 02/15/08 02:32 PM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

I eat grilled chicken sandwiches minus the sauce...I think Burger King's grilled chicken is by far the best tasting and most satisfying although my kids love Mcd's so we don't go there much if we are doing fast food. I also like Wendy's bake potatoes witha little soy butter. I will steal a french fry or two from my kids sometimes. I know BAD MOMMY and bad for IBS!

Sandy

#324887 - 02/16/08 09:52 PM
Hunca

Reged: 02/09/08

I don't really have one. I've had potatoes at Wendy's, but both my husband and I got *really* sick after eating them, one time, so now I'm too leery and stay away. I used to be able to eat the grilled chicken sandwiches at Chick fil A, but not anymore because of all the PEPPER they put on them, GAH! Very hard to find a truly 'clean' chicken breast in the fast-food world, imo. So many are frozen and are coated with preservatives.

Every weekend, my husband and I do the grocery/household shopping together, and while we're out, he has lunch. I have to sit there and watch him eat gooey cheeseburgers and fries and quesadillas and diet Coke, waaaaahhhh! So there I am today, with my own lunch along... a poached chicken breast (that I'd cooked the nite before to take out today), a few lima beans, and an Activia (which everyone says I shouldn't be eating, so that's another thing I love, gone!).

About the only place I can eat out is Red Robin. I get the garden burger, lettuce-wrapped, and ask for melon slices instead of fries; they always give me plenty of hot water for my peppermint tea. Actually, I can safely eat their fries! because they are so non-greasy, tho I try to be good and only have a few.

We used to eat out all the time... not anymore.

** cheryl **

Zara new
      #324896 - 02/17/08 07:33 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Do you use his bread mix or do you use the all purpose baking mix and use a recipe of some kind? I would love the recipe if you aren't using the already packaged bread mix.

Thanks

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 298 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8910

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review