All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: ok sure! new
      #325111 - 02/20/08 04:42 PM
MelanieR

Reged: 02/15/07
Loc: Florida

I can't eat lettuce and all its cousins. It is such a horriable thing.

--------------------
Crohns, lactose intolerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ok sure! new
      #325149 - 02/21/08 07:45 AM
avjens

Reged: 09/13/05
Loc: Iowa

Lettuce does not bother me.

Re: Probiotics new
      #325156 - 02/21/08 08:49 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Quote:

My doc says the sticky poo is caused from all the insoluble (aka starches) that I'm eating

Do you mean soluble fibers?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#325586 - 02/26/08 05:12 PM
CJIBSDG

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Idaho

Yes Jordy, I did mean to say soluble fiber - My bad, sorry about that

I can't explain it, but since I've been back on the probiotics (both with align and with Udo's choice), I've not had the sticky poop anymore. Still eating the same carbs/soluble fibers - I have no idea why a probiotic would resolve that issue, but it seems to have done the trick. I think I've been on the probiotic for about 3 weeks now (first align, then switched to Udo's choice) and no sticky poo since.

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

#325600 - 02/27/08 05:48 AM
Jordy

Are you taking 3 of the Udo's again? Or just one a day? that's too bad the one a day of the Align didn't work as well. Guess everyone is different....as usual with IBS.

I don't get how a probiotic could resolve sticky poop either...but glad it works for you!

--------------------

#325965 - 03/03/08 03:32 PM
CJIBSDG

Jordy, I'm taking 3 Udo's per day? I've been back on Udo's choice for 9 days now and am very happy to report that I have not had a single incident of C or D in 9 whole days!!!! I do still get a little too much gas on occassion, but gastrizyme clears that up immediately. I've been having 1 to 2 NORMAL BM every day or two. As you know, this is my 2nd time trying Udo's Choice. I took it for 4 weeks and saw significant improvement, then went off for 3 weeks and immediately started in with the C and D, then tried Align for a week some improvement but not enough. It's going to be Udo's for me from here on out! My doc did say that I'll probably need to take a probiotic for life. It is very expensive, but my plan is to cut down to 2 pills per day after taking it for a full month and see how I do. If I do well with 2 pills/day for a full month, then I'll try just 1/day. If I can maintain a good balance with 1/day it will only cost $30/month which is reasonable.

Oh, I should also mention that I've been eating some very bad foods this past week (mainly just to test the waters b/c I'm really beginning to think that most of the foods I've eliminated probably won't bother me as long as I'm taking Udo's). Some of the things I ate last week are: Chinese food (3 days in a row), fried chicken, several diet coke's, raw carrots, raw cauliflower, raw celery - NO PROBLEMS (aside from some pretty foul gas from the chinese - which I cleared up immediately with gastrizyme). I'm so sold on this probiotic

Emmasmom, if you haven't tried any probiotics, I strongly encourage it. I know we're all different, but the benefits I'm experiencing are incredible!! It's called Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus. I get it at my co-op and not sure if you can order it online. I tried Align, but it didn't do much for me.

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

#326006 - 03/04/08 11:02 AM
Jordy

That is so great! I hope the reduced amount turns out to help you just as much. It must be such a relief to find something that actually helpss!

I wonder if this would help someone with IBS-C as much as it has helped you.

Is there a cheap place to buy this besides a private HFS? Not sure what a coop is.

Thanks so much for the update!

--------------------

#326015 - 03/04/08 11:37 AM
avjens

Reged: 09/13/05
Loc: Iowa

There are so many types of probiotics out there to experiment with. I do iFlora Multi-Probiotic Formula (Sedona Labs) which is cheaper than the Udo's and Align -- I am IBS-C and it works wonders.

Re: Probiotics for Jordy new
      #326068 - 03/04/08 05:32 PM
CJIBSDG

Jordy, I've found a few places online where it can be purchased a little cheaper:

http://www.vitacost.com/Udos-Choice-Super-Bifido-Plus-Probiotic

This site ships it in ice which is critical:
http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=3705630389853301316&at=0

Here's some info on it:

Udo's Choice® Super Bifido Plus Probiotic consists of 10 strains of beneficial bacteria and contains 70 billion viable cells per capsule (at date of manufacture). This potent adult formula has a high concentration of bifidobacterium strains, balanced with lactobacillus strains, to support large intestine health and help restore friendly bacteria populations. Udo's Choice® Super Bifido Plus Probiotic assists in providing relief from occasional constipation or irregularity. It is also ideal for travelers to maintain healthy flora while away from home.

I've seen another product from Udo's Choice "Hi-Potency Bowel" that has these same bacteria. Here's a listing of Bacteria for both:
Supplement Facts
Serving Size 1 Capsule

One Capsule Provides % DV
Bifidobacterium breve 35% *
Bifidobacterium bifidum 15% *
Lactobacillus casei 11% *
Bifidobacterium longum 10% *
Lactobacillus rhamnosus 10% *
Lactobacillus plantarum 6% *
Lactobacillus acidophilus 5% *
Lactococcus lactis 5% *
Lactobacillus brevis 2% *
Lactobacillus bulgaricus 1% *

--------------------

Re: I have quit eating! IBS HAS WON!!!! new
      #326113 - 03/05/08 12:28 PM
Aoife

Reged: 03/04/08

Dear Emmasmom, I know what you mean. I married a chef for god sake and I love my food. Im constantly eating the wrong stuff and I have to take a difene every time I do, its bloody awful.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 375 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 38071

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review