All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: I have quit eating! IBS HAS WON!!!! new
      #324711 - 02/14/08 07:11 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

How many Udo's Choice did you have to take. That's expensive!

Let us know how align goes. That would be less expensive since you only take one. Aly has had great results with it.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

4 years! new
      #324712 - 02/14/08 07:16 AM
Jordy

Quote:

time, patience and probably a lot of trial and error it will get better

Mine hasn't. And I eat even less selection than the EFI gives because I cannot tolerate soy, bananas, most of the garlic and onion in the recipes...or the gluten and wheat or any SFS. including Acacia.

Maybe I shouldn't be posting today. I'm in a defeated mood which doesn't help anyone.

--------------------

#324728 - 02/14/08 08:53 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Wheresthedamnloo, I agree with you completely. But I guess it's easy for me to say because I can tolerate a lot of foods that a lot of people here can't, like onion, garlic, and even brocolli. I seem to do okay with most vegetables really. It's fruit, grains, and oily/greasy food that I seem to have the most trouble with.

But I do remember the days before my diagnosis - spending recess in the bathroom at school in near tears, being depressed, and anxious as hell at facing another day at school in pain, wondering how many times I'd be sticking my hand in the air and practically begging my teachers to let me go to the bathroom. I couldn't relive those days for anyting in the world, and I feel horrible for anyone living these days now!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Re: 4 years! new
      #324747 - 02/14/08 11:47 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Jordy --

Have you tried other ways of managing your IBS? Or are you trying diet changes only? How about hypnotherapy?

#324776 - 02/14/08 05:18 PM
CJIBSDG

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Idaho

Quote:

How many Udo's Choice did you have to take. That's expensive!

Let us know how align goes. That would be less expensive since you only take one. Aly has had great results with it.

Jordy, first I want to say that I'm so sorry to hear that you have not found relief from the diet. I have some improvement but really the scale just tipped from one extreme to the other (used to be chronic D, with the diet I'm more chronic C). I do so much better when taking probiotics. I was taking 3 Udo's choice a day and noticed significant improvement 1 BM almost every day, but still had some bouts of 5 - 8 on occassion. This is day 4 on align. I started Monday night, no BM on Tuesday, 2 normal BM both Wednesday and today. My BM are finally no longer sticky so there's no strain. I have to say it's the probiotic b/c for the 3 weeks I was off of it, I was a mess. I might also mention that my GI doc said I'll probably have to take it for life so I definitely want something affordable that works - so far so good. Have you ever tried probiotics?

Another benefit of Align over Udo's Choice is that it doesn't need to be refrigerated (makes it easier when traveling). I'll keep you posted.

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

#324778 - 02/14/08 06:42 PM
Kat32

Reged: 11/09/05
Loc: Denver, Colorado

Man, I hear you all. I laugh too because I haven't posted since maybe October and on that posting I was all excited because I thought I had figured it all out. But I haven't.... I've been eating a lot more vegetables and whole grains because I am sick of eating white foods. Plus, I love to be active and it is so hard to get enough calories on those foods. So, being active (ie 6 hour hikes, swimming, running)always throws my digestive system off and so does eating more insoluble fiber, but I've gotten to the point where I just don't care because I really want to be active and I really want to eat fruits and vegetables and whole grain foods. So, I seem to have to poop more...I do take Acacia 3 x a day which helps, but I probably need to increase since I am eating more insoluble fiber. But yeah, there does not seem to be any magical fix. Immodium is such a blessing but I am not sure about taking it long term. I almost always take an immodium before a long hike which is great for the day, but not so great a few days later. However, the gas and bloating I may feel doesn't seem to be too much different from gas I got other days. I am seriously thinking about taking immodium every day to be able to stay so active and eat more liberally, but still cautiously, because life is too short to live like this....exercising minimally and being ultra-cautious every time you go to the cupboard or refrigerator...annoying! I too, like some of you, can't eat onions or garlic or peppers or any number of things.

But all you can do is keep on going and keep on with trial and error and hope someday you just might hit on the magic solution. I pray all the time for a cure for IBS!

~kat

#324785 - 02/15/08 05:26 AM
Wheresthedamnloo

Reged: 01/19/08

hi Jordy.

Are you a diagnosed coeliac?

#324855 - 02/16/08 07:44 AM
MelanieR

Reged: 02/15/07
Loc: Florida

It is easier to give up than to do something hard. For years I ignored what the doctors said, doing things my way. It didn't help; it made things worse. You have to have the courage to do what is right for you, what is going to make you feel better. If that is this diet, YES! If it isn't, than so be it.

Food is such a huge part of peoples lives and is also so much fun. I have found that one way to help is to simply think of it different. Go on a "hunt" and find all the ways you can cook chicken, turkey, potatoes and rice. Make it a fun challange rather than a chore. If your husband doesn't like what you cook then he can fix himself something else. His arms aren't broken, are they?

Courage is hard and it is draining. I have faith that you will do what is going to be the best for yourself. Good luck.

--------------------
Crohns, lactose intolerant

#324897 - 02/17/08 07:37 PM
Jordy

Did hypno, went to a chiropractor, take various supplements, get Cognitive therapy.

--------------------

Probiotics new
      #324898 - 02/17/08 07:39 PM
Jordy

Good luck with the Align! It would be so much cheaper than Udo's. Thanks for the info!

Oh, I have sticky, messy BMs too! Can never just get a solid one! What causes that?

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 498 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 38062

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review