All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
GASSY FOODS- DO YOU HAVE TROUBLE W/THESE????
      #324621 - 02/13/08 06:40 AM
pieta8

Reged: 05/10/06

I usually never eat mushrooms or chocolate- but last night had both- I had such bad gas- all night- so I wondered if anyone else is bothered by those foods among all the others I can't tolerate- onions, garlic, milk products, raw salad, brocollai
thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: GASSY FOODS- DO YOU HAVE TROUBLE W/THESE???? new
      #324622 - 02/13/08 07:16 AM
chitchat1

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Michigan

Chocolate was the first thing I noticed I couldn't eat. Don't have any problems with mushroom -raw.

#324625 - 02/13/08 08:40 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I LOVED broccoli when I was a kid. Hadn't had any for quite some time. Well, in an effort to eat "healthier" I had some steamed broccoli with a little bit of butter last night and had terrible stomach upset immediately afterword and gas this morning. My husband said for me not to eat broccoli tonight to see if that was possibly the culprit. I think he may finally be "getting it" that I can't eat certain foods.

#324641 - 02/13/08 09:39 AM
pieta8

Reged: 05/10/06

Dear Nugget and Chitchat
Thanks for getting back about my post- will definitely stay away from chocolate- and Brocollai- yes I will have to do that too- I just know that cruciferous veggies are so impt.- and I have had breast cancer so I try and eat high in that area- but my stomache can't take it - so why bother- no good to go around in discomfort. I wish I could find a subsitute w/ the same properties as brocollai- that doesn't cause gas.

#324645 - 02/13/08 09:53 AM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm not sure what you mean by the same "properties" as broccoli, but i find that kale, chard and spinach are some good green foods that if steamed really well are not as gas-causing as the "brassica" vegs like broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower etc. I like rapini and asparagus too but i find they are a little gassier. I know what you mean, though, I find it very hard to eat enough vegs without feeling and looking like a beach ball!

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 818 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 892

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review