All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Please! Having a hard time! Please Post your daily meals and snacks or just FOOD!
      #323656 - 01/31/08 02:00 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Please with all my heart I am begging you to post your daily meals and snacks or just what you like to eat. I am having such a hard time with food right now.To the point were I am so tired of everything that i ate ceral for super last night..Please I am desperate to help you out these are my triggers Tomatoe sauce bbq sauce corn peas please anything would be such a help I am so tired of the same thing! thanks in advance
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Please! Having a hard time! Please Post your daily meals and snacks or just FOOD! new
      #323685 - 01/31/08 04:40 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

OK, I can post what I eat but I'm not stable so it's not a foolproof menu:

cereal with rice milk (oatmeal squares, wheaties, rice chex)
oatmeal made with water or rice milk, brown sugar
baked potatoes (both regular and sweet)
fried rice with chicken and veggies (I use a nonstick pan so that I don't actually fry it)
broiled chicken and fish (flounder, salmon)
bananas, apples, mango, pineapple
carrots - grate them, add a bit of cold water, sugar, and lemon juice, eat with some SF
stir fries with noodles and chicken
chocolate
rice cakes with toffuti cream cheese and avocado slices

that's what I can think of now

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Re: Please! Having a hard time! Please Post your daily meals and snacks or just FOOD! new
      #323686 - 01/31/08 04:46 PM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

alright girlie chill, heres a few ideas of what I eat daily

oatmeal with almond milk with frozen or fresh blueberries a tsp of flaxseed and 1/2 tsp of brown sugar for sweetness. cook in microwave 4 minutes.. (not the instant)

morning snacks loving Applepie lara bars and cinnamin one too (all fruit and nuts)

lunch at work: sandwich turkey or chicken breast (organic applegate farms) with stone ground mustard on french bread. with kids size motts organic applesauce. I know boring but its quick and easy.

3:00 snack a few raw almonds or fruit leather

dinner: varies either chicken,fish with rice or potato. Or I make a big soup with veggies FF chicken or veggie broth with chicken or rice noodles.

dessert: small amount of sorbet or purely decadent frozen dessert. fav is cookies and cream. but i only eat this once a week.

hope this helps??

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

#323701 - 01/31/08 08:15 PM

Unregistered

Hi there. I love talking about the foods I eat. Lately this is what I've been doing:

Breakfast - oatmeal w/almond milk

Lunch - white basmati rice w/egg white omelet (filling is a few black beans cooked in Pam w/organic canned tomatoes and ground chipotle powder -- I know, no tomatoes for you!)

Dinner - white basmati rice again w/steamed vegetables (plenty of carrots for SF, broccoli, grape tomatoes, peeled zucchini, peeled yellow squash and a tiny bit of red pepper)

For snacks, I like Newman's Own products lately (the arrowroot cookies are great) and any baked corn chips brand. I love Heather's cornbread, the orange cranberry bread and the Ultimate Chocolate Pudding Brownies on the recipe index.

I also make a cup of hot cocoa every day. I use 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 TBS sugar and 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder. So delicious and soothing and warm and wonderful.

I hope this helps at least get your brain and body back in food-loving mode.

Jen

#323708 - 02/01/08 10:26 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

This is a typical weekday menu for me:

Breakfast: 1 cup Rice Krispies plus about 1 tbs of wheat bran cereal (for extra fibre and some IF), 1 cup of Silk Light soy milk, 1 hard-boiled egg white, and 2 tsp Acacia powder.

Snack: 1 sourdough English muffin with a small amount of light dairy-free margarine

Lunch: sandwich made with sourdough bread, chicken, turkey, or fat-free ham, a light smear of low-fat mayonnaise, and mustard. A cup of hot peppermint tea (store brand, not Heather's).

Snack: plain rice cake

Dinner: usually a lean meat (chicken breast or fish) with potatoes, turnip, or rice, usually with some peas or corn thrown in for some IF; or pasta with tomato sauce with a slice of homemade safe garlic bread; or a tofu stirfry with carrots, rice, and ginger sauce. A multivitamin and 1 tbs of Acacia powder. I should add that I do 10 minutes on my stationary bike after dinner to kind of help get my digestion going - I think it helps!

Snack: anything from a little soy yogurt to a few graham crackers.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Edited by Erilyn (02/01/08 12:11 PM)

#323745 - 02/01/08 02:02 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Well, here are some easy quick things that i've been eating lately. But bear in mind that i don't eat wheat, i have a really hard time with any vegs, so i don't eat enough of them, i am not much of a cook, and i have no time to spend on lengthy recipes.

breakfast: oatmeal with vanilla soymilk, ground flaxseed, some frozen mixed berries nuked in the microwave

lunch: rice toast or quinoa toast with tuna or turkey or chicken, dijon mustard, lowfat mayo. sweet green peas or steamed spinach on the side. OR applesauce or organinc butternut squash soup on the side if i'm feeling the need for more SF.

dinner:
sushi - i am partial to raw fish over rice. for some IF I get an order of spinach gomae (boiled spinach in sesame sauce - order the sauce on the side to control fat)

baked chicken/turkey/fish with a baked yam/potato and a steamed green veg (chard, kale, asparagus, spinach)

tofu marinated in miso and soy sauce with brown or white rice, seaweed, shredded carrot, sesame seeds .. it varies

warm quinoa salad - baby spinach or arugula with warm quinoa and baked yam or squash, topped with ground almonds, ground flaxseed and dried cranberries in a balsamic vinaigrette

egg white omelette - i often put mushrooms and greens in it - on rice toast or with potatoes

brown rice pasta with canned salmon, a little pesto, lots of ground black pepper and lemon

prawns or scallops over rice or mixed in asian white rice pasta with a little lemon, garlic and sesame or olive oil and an IF veg on the side

Mind you there are lots of great recipes on the Recipe board. no one should be subjected to my pathetic attempts at "cuisine"!

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#323746 - 02/01/08 02:07 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Breakfast:
Rice Chex, toast w/ Earth Balance vegan butter
-or-
2 Van's Wheatfree (vegan) Blueberry Waffles w/ applesauce or soy yogurt
-or-
Instant Quaker Oatmeal (cinnamon roll flavor or plain) w/ toast

Snacks:
Luna Bar
-or-
Soy yogurt
-or-
slice of avocado wrapped in a corn tortilla
-or-
slice of pumpkin bread
-or-
black bean dip (from Eating for IBS cookbook)and baked chips
-or-
small fruit smoothie

Lunch:
leftover homemade vegetable soup (so I can choose the safest vegetables for me) w/ bread or tortillas
-or-
burrito (flour tortilla, vegetarian/low-fat refried beans) and Mexican rice, salsa or slice of avocado
-or-
fruit smoothie
-or-
Annie Chung's instant soups (miso, udon)

Dinner:
baked chicken w/ vegetables, mashed potatoes, a few black olives
-or-
baked salmon w/ shiitaki mushrooms, jasmine rice, steamed broccoli or other vegetable
-or-
shredded chicken (use Taco Bell Taco Seasoning packet, it's not spicy), tortillas, white rice, refried beans, chopped vegetables for toppings, Tapatio hot sauce
-or-
homemade chicken soup or vegetable soup w/ hearty table bread
-or-
tuna pasta salad (tuna, tri-colored rotini pasta, peperoncini, broccoli, Mrs. Dash Tomato-Basil Blend seasoning or garlic salt, chopped black olives)
-or-
lentil soup, couscous, French bread

Desserts:
some mixed fruit
-or-
fruit cobbler w/ Soy Dream vanilla
-or-
Soy Delicious Peanut Butter Zig Zag
-or-
Heather's Peppermint Fudge Cake

Drinks:
Snapple White Tea Nectarine
Teeccino
Stash Ginger-Lemon Tea
Almond Breeze Chocolate Almond Milk

That's all I can think of for now. Hope it gives you some ideas!

#323747 - 02/01/08 02:15 PM
crazylizardlady

Reged: 07/11/07
Loc: NJ

ok, i totally hear ya honey....
my fav eggwhite french toast breakfast sandwich:
toast your favorite bread (i like apple oat) or a waffle
scramble some egg whites with a little black pepper
put eggs on top of toast and drizzle with maple syrup. yum.

my oatmeal cookies
1 1/4 c oats
1 1/4 flour
1/4 ts salt
1/4 ts baking soda
1 ts cinnamon
1 cup applesauce
3 tb canola oil
2 egg whites. bake 375 10-12 min

some other guilty, yet safe, pleasures, include munching on cinnamon toast crunch cereal (very sweet and satisfying) or honey comb.
katharine

--------------------
IBS/GERD/Lactose Intolerant

Oatmeal,eggwhites ,tuna, Applesauce & waffles new
      #323757 - 02/01/08 02:57 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Ok first of all thank you! Thank you! here is my next question I don't know if i can do oatmeal always thought i had a prolbem with it but used instant and wonder if it was just my stomach? Everytime try egg white I burp them up and they seem to upset my stomach in baking to..... Tuna same thing bad indgestion... Applesauce gives me gas I had some motts strawberry yesterday and have really bad trap gas but don't know if its that or nerves. and last waffles I have tried these but thought they didn't agree with me maybe I should give them another try? I would like to try the oatmeal just nervous... I miss beans haven't tried them in a while once again to scared to. Any advice or suggestions would be great thanks again...
emmasmom
ibs-c GAS all the time!

Re: Oatmeal,eggwhites ,tuna, Applesauce & waffles new
      #323760 - 02/01/08 03:19 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Instant oatmeal usually has added oat bran - which means more insoluble fiber. Perhaps you could try the regular rolled oats? I like the Robin Hood brand quick-cooking oats.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Re: Oatmeal,eggwhites ,tuna, Applesauce & waffles new
      #323767 - 02/01/08 03:42 PM
auntdebs318

first off Emma I cant do instant so it could be that. Although it would be easier. Also try steel cut oats are good too. But quaker toasted oats are the best. I see some one else eats it the same as me. Try it with almond or soy milk and some fresh berries. Personally, I cant do stawberries. So yummy but they run right through me.. So maybe it was them in the applesauce. Try just plain organ ic applesauce from motts I seem to fine with that. More natural and no extra HFCS or other stuff. I love whole foods brand whole kids mixed berry applesauce and they have a peach one too. But there not close to me and they cost more but its so yummy..

Can you do mexican? maria's idea with the taco seasoning and chicken or ground turkey or ground chicken breast can make a lot of ideas. Taco's, taco salad with baked tostitos crushed with meat, small amounts of shredded lettuce, try Muir organics crushed or chopped tomatoes and slices of rice or soy cheese. And if you want to have some fun add some tofutti sour cream on top.I know you said you can have sauce and I have GERD too. But this brand seems to agree with me.

also, make sure to cook egg whites well. fry up some veggies with pam till soft then add egg whites and a slice of rice cheese and cook till ends are crispy. then wrap in a flour/corn tortila with a little salsa.

I just started with trying avocado again since starting this diet. Add a small slice for flavor to a sandwich of chicken, turkey, or pre cooked shrimp shredded carrots and a little deli mustard. That or make a mango chutney or pear by puree fruit with alittle water.

I see you like fish on another post. So how about canned salmon or now they have packages and mix small amount of fat free mayo add tri color pasta,black olives,mini peeled carrots to make a safe pasta salad. salmon doesnt seem to give me heartburn or repeat.

scallops are a simple a stable.. pan sear with pam spray and season.. bake with panko bread crumbs or rice breadcrumbs with parsley and basil for an italian flavor.

dessert or treats: poach apples and pears with cinn and sugar and nutmeg. sprinkle oatmeal on top for a crumble. and to sweeten the deal add vanilla rice dream.

freeze vanilla almond milk with 2 tbs of cocoa and 2tbs of sugar. to make a sweet treat..

well i hope this helps..

--------------------

My menu new
      #323771 - 02/01/08 03:48 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

http://www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=diet&Number=323241&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Re: Crazylizardlady new
      #324015 - 02/05/08 09:10 AM
auntdebs318

I made these cookies last night and added some brownsugar.. These were delicious!! Thanks for the recipe ..

--------------------

Re: My menu new
      #324043 - 02/05/08 01:00 PM
Christian Bale

Reged: 01/17/07
Loc: Staffordshire, United Kingdom

Re: Crazylizardlady new
      #324228 - 02/06/08 05:16 PM
crazylizardlady

Reged: 07/11/07
Loc: NJ

OMG! I forgot to write the 1 cup of brown sugar in the recipe!! oh well, I guess you figured they needed sugar! Brown sugar is good in these.
I notice under your signature, you have reflux , too. I'm on Protonix for it. I hope to wean off soon. I hate taking medication. Every day I skip a pill I have terrible burning in my gut and chest. Not ready I guess to wean off. Are you taking anything for the reflux?
katharine

--------------------
IBS/GERD/Lactose Intolerant

Zara new
      #324717 - 02/14/08 07:51 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Quote:

cereal with rice milk (oatmeal squares, wheaties, rice chex)

I thought you were wheat and/or gluten free?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 854 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5018

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review