All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Is it all in my head?
      #3235 - 03/18/03 07:37 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Friday night my husband and I had dinner plans, Saturday afternoon my friend had her wedding shower, Sunday I had the school's annual dinner (And a project to prepare) and Monday night my husband's friend was coming for dinner out of town. He doens't understand why I flipped when our friends called wanting to come for lunch Saturday afternoon--we were making lunch for ourselves anyway. I needed the time to relax--he saw that our friends needed a place for lunch (long story) but I needed to relax. He doesn't see why I couldn't just hang in there until life got back to normal the following week. Why was it such a big deal that I nearly had a nervous breakdown when he asked if the friends could come for lunch?
It WAS a big deal! My IBS went out of control when they came for lunch and I missed my friends wedding shower How can I help my husband understand--and how can I show him how serious IBS and the need to relax is? Or, am I blowing this out of proportion and it's all in my head?

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Is it all in my head? new
      #3294 - 03/19/03 10:42 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Ruchie - First of all, let me say I thought the other post was for me (about the homentashen which, I didn't understand why you were asking me about it!!). All I saw was Cherry Hill and I went spaz! Sorry I unloaded on you like that about the Jewish stuff, but at least now you know me.

BTW, I did find a WW recipe for Potato and Onion Kugel which I'll post on the Recipe Exchange.\

Back to your original statements, men just don't seem to get it. We're doing all the work (preparing meals, planning meals, etc., etc.) while they just do the inviting. I understand exactly how you feel. And, no you didn't blow it out of proportion. We need time to relax our brains and our muscles. I don't understand why they don't understand.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Re: Is it all in my head? new
      #3296 - 03/19/03 10:52 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I know exactly what you mean...my husband thinks that anytime he is not working we should be "entertaining." I just tell him that I can't and that I need to rest. There have been a few times that we have "entertained" I have gone to have a nap before they got there. I just go into the bedroom, turn on the TV and rest for about an hour. Even if they are there.

I leave my husband to explain why I am napping. He does pretty good with this situation. After I feel better I come back out and visit.

We IBS-ers have to take time for ourselves and not feel selfish doing it so JUST DO IT! To quote Nike! LOL

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 433 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 491

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review