All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
oh, so embarrassing
      #323381 - 01/28/08 05:47 AM
snuffie

Reged: 08/01/04

I am a long time sufferer of IBS but had been doing exceptionally well for over a year now. And then...I was given about 7 new medications for a (surprise) cardiac condition. Anyone else have trouble with blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds?? I have soooo much gas I am in the bathroom every 5 minutes or so at work. Sooo embarrassing. I've tried Gas X with no relief and my usual IBS remedies.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: oh, so embarrassing new
      #323451 - 01/28/08 05:59 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Have you tried discussing this with your doctor? Maybe they can switch some of your meds to help the side effects??? Hope you find some relief soon.

Re: oh, so embarrassing new
      #323469 - 01/29/08 02:37 AM
CJIBSDG

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Idaho

Snuffie, I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time. Some things I use for gas that work really well are Heather's fennel tea and gastrizyme. I can get gastrizyme at my local co-op but you can also order it online at gastrizyme. It is all natural, so I would not think it would have any ill effects with your other medications but you should talk to a pharmacist or your doc. This site has a listing of the ingredients, and also lists foods to avoid and which are considered safe (most items agree with Heather's lists with the exception of refined white flour).

Hope this helps! Best of luck to you!

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 396 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1563

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review