All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What gives?!
      #323131 - 01/24/08 06:13 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

So I dont get it... its my husbands birthday so we went to Outback Steakhouse. He got a big awesome looking steak and I sat very jealous. I ordered grilled chicken with a plain baked potato and grilled veggies. Now the grilled veggies were carrots, peapods and squash. I only ate the carrots.

But here I sit with a cramping stomach waiting for the D to hit. This is the second time I've had carrots and not felt well after. I thought that Heather said carrots were a Soluble fiber food... so I thought that no matter what I could eat carrots?

Does anyone else have problems with carrots? Or could there have been something else that I ate that caused the problem? I didnt have any bread cause it looked like wheat bread, and my husband ordered a "Bloomin onion" (oh how I long for fried food) but I didnt take one bite! I had amazing will power tonight and still feel crappy! Argh! I'm just bummed. Thanks for listening!

Stefanie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What gives?! new
      #323136 - 01/24/08 09:35 PM

Unregistered

The Outback puts butter on all their steamed vegetables. Every Outback I'm in, I ask if they do, and they always say yes, so I tell them I'm allergic to dairy. Coulda been the butta.

#323144 - 01/25/08 04:51 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

I second this opinion. I have a terrible time eating out even grilled because of the fat they insist on using on the grill!!!!

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

#323145 - 01/25/08 05:05 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

I just had this same chat with a manager at Carraba's a sister company of outback. If you look at there website they have a gluten free menu and you will see they say to order without the baste. I figure that is the marinate or fat they use to grill. WEll I was so MAD a few weeks ago. We went there with family and I ordered plain grilled shrimp and scallops and asked for no baste or butter AND expplained that I had food allergies. Dont you know I was so sick that night and the next morning. I called the manager and he apologized and said the server is supposed to bring the manager over to inform of the situation so he check the meal. Apparently they cook things seperatly so it doesnt come in contact with other things. He also sent me a $45 gift card for us to come back again and meet him since he wants me to feel comfortable coming out since they promote in making safe meals. So next time anyone goes to a outback or Carrabas ask for no baste or butter and ask to speak to the manager. Hopefully this could be a nice safe place for us to go...

But FYI we just went to Ruby Tuesdays last Sunday Night and they were very accomadating. The waitress made sure to get me a plain non marinated chicken breast, steamed green beans, and a baked potato with no butter. And hello it was right!!! And I was finally fine and the next day too. I always cringe when he wants to go out. Because its always a nightmare for me.. So here to Ruby Tuesdays!!

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

#323203 - 01/25/08 10:48 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Thanks guys! I didnt really think about the butter, and I did ask for no marinade on the chicken... but of course it had marinade on it and I didnt want to be annoying. So I guess it couldve been either of those things. Eating out can be a pain. I have found though at Max and Ermas.. they have a Carribean Chicken- its just grilled chicken with some seasonings and tropical fruit on it (I pick the fruit off) and rice. It also comes with broccoli but I just ask for more rice instead seeing as I havent found a vegetable I can eat yet. Its really good and hasnt given me a problem. But of course whenever we do go out to eat, the husband doesnt always want to go there. Oh well such is life! Thanks for your help guys!

Stefanie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4162 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1062

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review