All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Very stable lately
      #323063 - 01/23/08 10:40 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

I have been off work after knee surgery and my IBS is completely stable. I eat things I haven't eaten in a long time: stir fried veggies, fried pancakes, mayo dips. It feels amazing to have this break!

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Very stable lately new
      #323066 - 01/24/08 04:49 AM
Wheresthedamnloo

Reged: 01/19/08

That's awesome! Why do ya think it is that you've been better?

#323071 - 01/24/08 05:18 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Congratulations! So what exactly do you mean by "stable"? How often do you have BMs, and do you suffer any bloating (did you have bloating before)? Bloating is definitely the hardest one to beat for me.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#323076 - 01/24/08 06:52 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I have to same the same thing, good for you! But what are you taking/eating ?????

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#323088 - 01/24/08 09:10 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

That's fantastic! I usually seem to stabilize when I am off work, too. Stupid stressful job!!!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

What am I doing/taking? new
      #323104 - 01/24/08 11:46 AM
TATYANA

Everyone is wondering what am I doing different or what am I taking?

I am not taking anything, I don't even take fiber. I have 1-2 BM's a day and without a problem. I am not having any bloating, constipation nor spasms. Well, if I eat something that's too fatty, I have few pokes in my tummy but just for a minute or so. I am able to eat fruit with skins, veggies like peppers, onions, mushrooms, carrots… I stir fry and have no trouble eating it. Before I couldn't eat any kind of oil but since I started using Pure Canola oil I can stir fry or fry anything. Still, I don't use a lot of oil, but not very little either… I eat all the time because I am 20 pounds underweight and I am feeling fine. I am struggling with overactive bladder for 5 years now but otherwise I feel great. I eat beans several times a day and the worst I get is a few farts but no bloating.

There are foods that is absolutely no-no to me and they are:
1. dairy
2. red meat
3. alcohol
4. coffee
5. pickles/sausages-with any meat
6. garlic
7. spicy
8. broccoli, cauliflower

I am positive that I am doing better because I am not going to work. My husband said I can quit working and get my health back. Hopefully I'll be pregnant soon. Now that I had my surgery, I'm getting busy… Lol.

Thanks for reading!

--------------------

Re: What am I doing/taking? new
      #323209 - 01/26/08 04:45 AM
Zara

can you please give us examples of what you typically eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks? The more options you can list the better! I'm always looking for new safe foods, especially snacks! THANKS!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

SAMPLES OF MY MENU (lots of them) new
      #323241 - 01/26/08 01:26 PM
TATYANA

Breakfast idea 1
Oatmeal (I add honey, cinnamon & nutmeg)
1 cup of hot water/tea

Breakfast idea 2
Wheaties cereal with raisins or blueberries
Soy milk

Breakfst idea 3
Oatmeal (I add fresh blueberries, raspberries and honey-BEST EVER!)
1 cup of hot water/tea

Snack idea 1
8oz soy yogurt (the best brand is "Whole Soy")
1 regular size apple with skins; I dip the apple into soy yogurt (Mixing IFiber with SFiber)

Snack idea 2
English muffin with Tofutti better than cream cheese spread (tip-it does taste like cream cheese, I can't tell any difference)
1 cup of water/tea-to help it move along

Snack idea 3
Fresh carrots and white mushrooms with mayo dip (mayo, lemon juice, herbs (basil or dill) and pepper)

Snack idea 4
Handful of nuts or sunflower seeds; eat after meal

Lunch/dinner idea 1
Tuna sandwich (tuna, mayo, herbs, pepper, lemon and pieces of fragrant cucumber)

Lunch/dinner idea 2
Homemade soups are the best!
Soup 1(water, chicken, celery, carrot, potato, green beans)
Soup 2 (water, rice, mashed turkey meatballs (Homestyle turkey meatballs from Safeway, frozen section, ready to eat and IBS safe) Mash meatballs and throw into water when rice is ready. Very quick and delicious.

Lunch/dinner idea 3
Rice/potato, chicken, steamed carrots or other veggies that you can tolerate

Lunch/dinner idea 4
Spinach salad (If stable)-tomato, cucumber, apple, lemon, chicken, avocado, mushroom. Peeling skins helps if they bother you.

Lunch/dinner idea 5
Grilled/baked salmon with lemon and herbs, cuscus or rice, veggies

Lunch/dinner idea 6-going out to Mexican if very stable
I eat few chips, order Chicken enchiladas without cheese or sour cream

Lunch/dinner idea 7-going out to Wendy's
Pretty safe choice: turkey chibatta. Order without cheese and honey mustard instead of mayo. (Their mayo might have milk in it) I love it and never get sick! If you are IBS-C, it might be constipating because of all the bread, so take some fiber afterwards

Lunch/dinner idea 8-going out to Chinese
Chicken/shrimp kung-pao. Ask for non-spicy but since they cook it in spicy sauce, ask to cook it in chicken broth. That way it's very low in fat and not spicy but still very delicious. If you don't like celery, ask for carrots instead. 

Lunch/dinner idea 9
Spaghetti and meatballs: angel hair pasta, homestyle turkey meatballs, ready to eat at Safeway, organic tomato and basil sauce or eat without sauce, but add butter substitute instead. My favorite one is: Lactose free smart balance. Healthy and tastes just like butter.

Desert idea 1-MY FAVORITE!
Lady fingers cookies, cool whip and berry smoothie "Bolthouse farms" brand. I make layers of cookies, smoothie on top then cool whip (it's lactose free). Make several layers and can eat right away. But it's best if it sits for a while. Eats like tiramisu cake. Yum!

Desert idea 2
Mintz's Blintzes Pre-baked dairy free cheese filled crepes, from Trader Joes. For complete details read my post at http://www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=diet&Number=322206&Forum=All_Forums&Words=11410&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=322206&Search=true#Post322206

Desert/Snack idea 3
Super stuffed baked apple, recipe here from my post: http://www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=recipe&Number=321778&Forum=All_Forums&Words=11410&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=321778&Search=true#Post321778

Desert idea 4
Store bought soy ice-cream or sorbet. If you're going out and craving sorbet, "Cold Stone" sells sorbets. They can mix it with any candy or nuts for you. Enjoy!

Desert idea 5
Fresh fruit salad with whip cream. Basically, fruits that you can tolerate. Seeds can cause bloating and gas. So you can use peeled apples and pears, watermelon, melon, mango. (Fruits that give me most trouble are: cherries, raspberries, kiwi…)

Desert idea 6
Chocolate smoothie: cocoa, soy milk, chocolate soy ice-cream;
Mango/melon/pear smoothie: frozen fruit pieces, vanilla soy ice-cream, soy milk

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Re: SAMPLES OF MY MENU (lots of them) new
      #323246 - 01/26/08 02:08 PM
Zara

Oh, these sound so yummy! Thanks a lot !

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 461 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2377

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review