All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Irritable BODY Syndrome
      #322587 - 01/17/08 05:50 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

I was thinking today: I must have irritable BODY syndrome.
• My skin is very sensitive and I get rash, hives and allergic reactions to medicine, dust, hair, soap, fragrance, lotions and clothes
• My bladder gets irritates by foods, drinks and medicine. I "go" all day
• My intestines are sensitive-IBS
• Female area-yeast infections for years

What is going on? I have Irritable Body Syndrom, not bowel syndrome. Where is this coming from? When I lived in Europe I was the toughest and healthiest child! Anyone else is having the same problem?

P.S. I do believe that drinking tea (even herb tea) makes you urinate more often. I know Heather suggests drinking strong peppermint tea but does it irritate your bladder? So, I researched it. Here's the list of foods that irritate bladder (including soy products, tea, miltivitamins, beans...) http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/diet.html And don't tell me that I need a psyciatrist.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Edited by TATYANA (01/18/08 07:14 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Irritable BODY Syndrome new
      #322605 - 01/18/08 04:33 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

How do you feel when you go back to Ukraine or any other country?
I also used to think that perhaps my problems are caused by something they add to foods here but then I still have problems when I travel - no matter what country, no matter how long. So go figure .

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#322627 - 01/18/08 10:50 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

I have had all of the symptoms you describe but Thank God not all at the same time. For a period of my life (age 25 to 35) I actually had allergy shots and part of what we were treating was my chronic bladder and vaginal issues related mostly to allergies. I can't have any vitamins and I have never been able to tolerate citrus. Now that I am postmenopausal I don't have so much trouble with the bladder and vaginal issues, but now I develop IBS. I know what you mean. The good news is that I have no really serious health issues like many of my friends have experienced and I am managing the IBS although it has radically changed the way I eat.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

#322633 - 01/18/08 12:20 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

I always thought that the building I work in is what screws me up. (Well, I was probably already screwed up but I have to blame someone!) I work on the 40th floor and up here we don't get to open any windows and so we're breathing recycled air which means that we're breathing each other's germs. I had a doctor once say that my kind of building is what's called a sick building because of the lack of fresh air. Go figure.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#322643 - 01/18/08 01:02 PM
tovabela

Reged: 11/07/07
Loc: NYC

I sometimes feel like I have Irritable BODY Syndrome too! How funny, your post made me laugh...

I too have sensitive skin, I try to use Ivory Soap or Tom's of Maine, they both don't irritate my skin. I'm also going to start a probiotic today. They are mentioned in this website and on the boards and they work in conjuction with prebiotics - Acacia Fiber is one. Here is a link if you want to check it out. Should help with yeast infections too. http://www.carolbond.com/get_item_7039_acidophilus-milk-free-caps-250-s.htm

#322648 - 01/18/08 03:05 PM
Fatso

Reged: 01/18/08
Loc: United States

Quote:

I was thinking today: I must have irritable BODY syndrome.
• My skin is very sensitive and I get rash, hives and allergic reactions to medicine, dust, hair, soap, fragrance, lotions and clothes
• My bladder gets irritates by foods, drinks and medicine. I "go" all day
• My intestines are sensitive-IBS
• Female area-yeast infections for years

What is going on? I have Irritable Body Syndrom, not bowel syndrome. Where is this coming from? When I lived in Europe I was the toughest and healthiest child! Anyone else is having the same problem?

P.S. I do believe that drinking tea (even herb tea) makes you urinate more often. I know Heather suggests drinking strong peppermint tea but does it irritate your bladder? So, I researched it. Here's the list of foods that irritate bladder (including soy products, tea, multivitamins, beans...) http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/diet.html

I don't think painful bladder syndrome is the same as what you've described, and the tea thing is probably an exclusive side effect, but I may be wrong since I don't know anything about it.

It's important to note that some teas are also bad for IBS, while green or herb tea is good.
In either case, I would take decaffeinated tea.

I've heard of people in your predicament, and it is not the other IBS.
If you've heard the term "mind over matter" that's exactly what this is.
The mind creates these situations which I realize are not imaginary, but the power of the mind is so strong, the symptoms take physical form.
I suggest going to a psych therapist after consulting a doctor.

Edited by Fatso (01/18/08 03:08 PM)

Fatso new
      #322658 - 01/18/08 07:02 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

I don't understand why so many people think that everything can be solved by a psychiatrist. I don't believe in psychiatrists, I believe in God.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

TATYANA new
      #322661 - 01/18/08 08:43 PM
Fatso

Quote:

I don't understand why so many people think that everything can be solved by a psychiatrist. I don't believe in psychiatrists, I believe in God.

That's your choice.
I'm only telling you what helped other people.
Although it didn't go away completely, it was much more manageable.
Self help hypnosis tapes should help as well.

Edited by Fatso (01/18/08 08:44 PM)

Tatyana new
      #322662 - 01/18/08 08:45 PM
caitlineb

Reged: 07/01/07
Loc: bay area, CA

I recommend the book "The Divided Mind, The Epidemic of Mindbody Disorders" by John Sarno, MD. I think it will open your eyes about how much the mind affects the body. People do have the power to change, within reason of course. We can't cure cancer! But if you want changes to happen, not everything can be left up to God. Some people who have IBS (myself included) developed it due to a traumatizing event. I internalized everything I was going through, only to be left with a weak and sickly body. With mental changes, I believe I CAN get better. IBS will not be a life-long struggle for me. And since stress is a trigger for IBSers, something like therapy can help. Talking about problems instead of internalizing them can greatly reduce stress, which in turn lessens IBS symptoms. So don't diss Psychiatry; it really does help people, if people are willing to help themselves.

--------------------
"I have no patience for lactose. And I won't stand for it." -Jerry Seinfeld

caitlineb new
      #322664 - 01/18/08 09:04 PM
Fatso

Something you said just reminded me of an article I read once.
"We can't cure cancer".
Actually, we are getting to the point where we can.
Many neurologists have said this and I believe them.
With the proper training, a large tumor can shrink using the power of the mind (old Chinese technique), at which point it can be successfully taken out.

It's not a permanent solution though.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 874 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3705

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review