All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Goji Juice
      #322497 - 01/16/08 04:18 PM
runningnatural

Reged: 01/02/08

I started doing everything that Heather had stated in her books for IBS and I began to see significant improvement. I would say that I was at about 70% better and it felt MUCH better. I still did have problems though but through diet I was doing much better. Then one day I ran across a video on Goji and its effects on the body and it's cells and was sold. Here is the video if you are interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NVxC2iBpec
Now I work at health food store so I've known about Goji but doubted it would help with IBS. I tried it because of what I saw in the above video and from reading about it in general. I didn't start taking it expecting it to help my stomach. I didn't know what to expect but knew that I would become healthier in some way.

I began taking it on a Saturday and Sunday morning I woke up and noticed that I didn't wake up with the same feeling as I normally do. I normally feel tense and my stomach feels sorta "irritated". This probably the mental mindset I have adopted over years with IBS and some of the symptoms of IBS in general. My stomach issues have just about entirely resolved. I'm 98% better with Goji. I feel less stressed, happier, my skin looks better, I overall just feel more positive, and more energy. I feel much happier and without having stomach problems, that helps a ton too. I have 2 bowel movements a day now whereas in the past I would struggle to have 1 every other day. I'm more sociable and joke around more because I feel so much better. I can't believe that it would help IBS but it has. I'm so amazed.

I'm not trying to sell this to anyone. I'm just trying to share my experience I've had with it. I'm not saying it will help your IBS because I don't think there even any studies on for IBS. All I know that is has helped me greatly in all aspects of life, especially IBS. I would highly recommend trying it and am willing to answer any questions anyone has though. I know what IBS is like and I want to share this with you because if can make you feel better then I'm ecstatic. If anyone has tried it please let me know. I would love to hear if it has/or has not helped.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Goji Juice new
      #322511 - 01/16/08 08:05 PM

Unregistered

are you just ibs-c? is goji ibs-safe...i'd like to try it..i wonder what heather would say about it.

#322533 - 01/17/08 07:16 AM
runningnatural

I would as well and I'm not sure what class of IBS I am. I was just diagnosed as IBS by a Gastrologist. He told me to take Fiber and see how I felt. That was it. I was disgusted with his limited knowledge besides "Fiber" and that is when I researched IBS and found out about Heather's book. I never thought IBS was a something "real" rather than a general symptom of "stomach problems" until I put my bias aside and researched. I've had such problems the past 2 years where I would be in pain all day though which as we all know makes life hell. I'm just amazed how healthy my GI tract is functioning though. I'm having a healthy bowl movement 2-3 times a day whereas I stated above, I wouldn't have one for maybe 1-2 days. Heather's IBS diet help tremendously but Goji really put the capper on the rest.

I would love to see some research done on it though, as far as IBS. Again everyone… I'm not trying to sell this stuff to you. I'm just telling you my experiences. I don't want people to think I'm soliciting Goji.

I found this link about benefits new
      #322551 - 01/17/08 09:55 AM

Unregistered

http://www.gojiberryjuice.org/

#322562 - 01/17/08 12:26 PM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

I found this article on the last response Gojijuice.

I have never heard of this before?? keep us posted on how you feel or if anyone else drinks it.

Case study 1

H.O. from San Diego, CA had irritable Bowel syndrome that affects the colon and rectum of the digestive tract which she suffered for 20 long years before she bought Digestive Support Formula of Extreme Health. She was not able to digest food containing the lactose. But after using the formula she feels relieved and fatigue free so much so that within a week she plans to start on her daily regimen of exercise and dietary watch and drinking goji juice.

Case study 2

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

#322590 - 01/17/08 06:14 PM
runningnatural

Goji Juice & Berries are a well known name in natural health world. I guess because I'm surrounded by health supplements daily I don't think much of it :) Now I have heard of other case studies similar to that. I take the Goji 100 by Genesis Today.
http://www.genesistoday.com/genesis_today_products/goji_100.html
Goji supports:

* Healthy immune system function*
* Healthy mood (Known for thousands of years as "The Happy Berry")*
* Healthy libido*
* Healthy aging*
* Healthy energy levels and resistance to fatigue*
* Healthy blood pressure, cholesterol & homocysteine levels (Supporting all around cardiovascular health)*
* Healthy endocrine function*
* Healthy liver function*
* Healthy eyes*
* and more...

Goji100 juice contains the following naturally occurring organic elements:

* Contains LbGp1,LbGp2,LbGp3,LbGp4,& LbGp5(Lycium Barbarum Glycoconjugate Polysaccharides 1-5) A.K.A. LBPX
* Rich in naturally occurring Amino acids
* Contains 21 trace minerals, including germanium, a rarity in foods
* Contains a full range of naturally occurring carotenoids including Beta-Carotene & Zeaxanthin
* Contains Vitamin C & B-Vitamins
* Contains Vitamin E, very rarely found in fruits
* Contains Solavetivone
* Contains Betaine, which supports healthy homocysteine levels and healthy liver function*

The five LbGp's are the most clinically researched compounds found in Goji berries and Goji juice.

The text I bolded is what I think helps IBS but I have no evidence at all on this. I will keep you updated but so far I'm doing awesome with it. I take it first thing in the morning, afternoon, and night. Always on an empty stomach.

I will keep you updated.

Re: I found this link about benefits new
      #322597 - 01/17/08 07:08 PM
Jenny B

Reged: 03/27/07
Loc: Montana

Wow!!!!! This juice sounds amazing, where can you buy it?!

Heather is Goji Juice safe?, nt. new
      #322788 - 01/20/08 12:23 PM

Unregistered

Is there anyone who knows if this is safe..Heather..please respond new
      #323099 - 01/24/08 10:10 AM

Unregistered

i'd love to try this juice, but first i need to know if its ibs safe. i have ibs c.

Goji Juice new
      #323102 - 01/24/08 11:10 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Pure Goji juice is made from Goji berries also known as Chinese Wolfberry. I believe they are low in fructose. If the juice is 100% Goji juice it should be safe. Unfortunately many Goji drinks contain other fruit juices and/or HFCS.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 714 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17106

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review