All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
gluten free bagel company
      #322476 - 01/16/08 11:57 AM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Hi. Has anyone ever ordered from glutenfreebagelcompany.com? I placed an order for bagels and bread there sooo long ago and they are not responding to my email about not receiving the items yet.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

No, but.... new
      #322549 - 01/17/08 09:08 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

...now I'm interested! I wish they listed the fat content. I usually find premade GF food high in fat...especially bagels and muffins.

I can't believe they won't respond to an email. Do they have a toll free number? That way you get a real person to talk to.

Why are you following a GF diet?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: No, but.... new
      #322609 - 01/18/08 06:32 AM
line415

Hi Jordy. I did leave them a phone message yesterday with no response still but the items arrived today anyway. I can't believe it took so long. I haven't tried them yet (bagels and bread) but the bagels are about the size of a mini-donut! Anyhow, I'm not really following a gluten free diet, I am just experimenting b/c I was having a lot of foul gas and couldn't pinpoint whether it was gluten, wheat, or fructose related. The funny thing is that I haven't had that type of gas in about a week! I have been exercising vigorously (haven't done in years) which may be helping??? I know exercise helps move the gas along, but I think for me it is the fact that I am having about 2 bms/day now instead of just one. Not sure. Also, I LOOOOVE bagels. I had posted about having a DD bagel with some strawberries awhile ago and I had HORRIFIC gas afterwards (nothing else unusual that day or night before)and Syl mentioned that they have HFCS in them. HOWEVER, I have eaten a spinach bagel from a place near my house nearly every day this past week and I've been fine. So then I tried strawberries on three different occassions and I was fine too!!! GO FIGURE! I never know what to think but I am avoiding DD! I am just keeping my WW intake lower and I figured it wouldn't hurt if I got my bagel obsession satisfied at home with the gluten-free ones. Then I would have less guessing. I'll let you know how they taste. (btw..they were expensive and the shipping cost 11 something!!!)

--------------------

#322761 - 01/20/08 08:23 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Whoa, that's expensive. I think it's gonna be difficult to distinguish what is helping you since you are doing various things....but it's scary to try and give one of those up. I think the exercise definitely helps with the BMS and gas!

The bagels don't necessarily have to have HFCS in them to cause gas. I have read various books on IBS and a few of them did list bagels (and pretzels) as possible gas producers...along with graham crackers.

Have you been tested for gluten antibodies? It seems like so many people are eating GF now!

Do let me know how the GF donuts taste (I miss bagels like crazy) Which bread did you buy? Does it list the fat content for these products?

I hope we can all figure out if we need to be GF, low fructose, or whatever. It's so confusing.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#323493 - 01/29/08 11:48 AM
line415

The items were just "okay" from that site. The bagels did not have too much flavor and were kind of cardboardish. The bread was a little better. Of course I added butter AND jelly to try and spice it up!!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 533 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1872

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review