Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
hello
      #322459 - 01/16/08 10:06 AM
prissy

Reged: 01/08/08
Loc: n.c

HI
MY NAME IS PRISSY, HOPE ALL ARE WELL I'M NEW TO THIS. I'M IBS D/C I JUST FOUND OUT IN FEB OF 06" THAT I HAVE IBS I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO HAVE A BREAK DOWN BEFORE THEY TOLD ME AND TO BE HONEST AT TIMES I STILL THINK I MIGHT.
I'M A STRONG PERSON BUT THIS STUFF IS SOMETHING ELSE..WHEN I GET A FLARE UP I REALLY STRESS OUT I WORRY SO MUCH. IS IT NORMAL TO GO FROM GOING 4 OR MORE TIMES A DAY FOR SOMETIMES WEEKS TO NOT BEING ABLE TO GO AND SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE I HAVE A BIG GAS POCKET IN MY LEFT STOMACH AREA.
THIS REALLY BOTHERS ME. I KEEP GAS ALOT I'M JUST WONDERING IS ALL THIS NORMAL.IS THERE ANYONE ELSE OUT HERE WHO CAN TELL ME IS IT GOING TO GET BETTER..AT TIMES I HONESTLY THINK MY FAMILY THINKS I'M A NUT. I HATE HAVING THIS STUFF WITH ALL MY BEING.
I'M SURE THERE ARE ALOT JUST LIKE ME I MEAN WHO FEELS THE SAME WAY. I HAVE NOT MEET ANYONE WHO HAS THIS AND HAS ANY IDEA WHAT I'M GOING THUR.WELL THINKS FOR LISTENING TO ME THANKS ALOT.

PRISSY

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Bump! new
      #322495 - 01/16/08 04:09 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Just bumping this for you as the board can get pretty busy and sometimes posts are missed!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Re: hello new
      #322509 - 01/16/08 07:30 PM
CJIBSDG

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Idaho

Prissy, I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through such a difficult time. If it's any consolation, You are DEFINITELY NOT ALONE. If you read through the boards, you'll find that most of us have at some point experienced exactly what you're describing.

You didn't mention what you are doing to help combat this... Are you following a certain diet? Taking any herbs or medicines? Probiotics?

I was diagnosed 20 years ago, my most recent flare up began in March of 2007 - and my entire life was a living hell until I found this site and began following Heather's advise and that of others that I've met here.

I've been following Heather's diet (very strictly) for about 5 weeks, drinking her peppermint and fennel teas (available from this site), taking a probiotic for almost 3 weeks, listening to the hypno CDs (available from this site)daily. My symptoms have improved dramatically. I actually had a normal BM every single day last week with only 1 day having 6 BM so for me that is a HUGE improvement!!

As for helping others understand what you're going through, I can definitely empathize as I've struggled with this myself. The hyno CDs come with a CD that is designed specifically for family and friends to help them understand what you're going through and I've asked several of my loved ones to listen to it. I haven't gotten a response back from anyone yet, but I'll let you know when I do.

Don't give up, there are a multitude of helpful hints on this site, I'm sure you'll find the right combination for you!! You just have to stay strong, positive and determined to help yourself - because you certainly can't rely on the medical profession to do it!!

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

Re: hello new
      #322530 - 01/17/08 05:42 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

Prissy, Welcome. What part of the tarheel state do you live in?? I am from NC originally and plan to return when I retire in a few years. I also noticed you work with small children. That makes this IBS thing really tough. Read the posts, get the fennel tea, the acacia and Heather's books. The Hypno CD may help. I haven't used them but I have started Hatha Yoga as a stress reliever. When I first got diagnosed last year I was ready to quit my job and just stay at home (which was not practical) and I had virtually quit eating. I had the exact same syptoms you are describing with lots and lots of embarassing gas. I lost bunches of weight and looked awful. The diagnosis was perplexing because the doctors just told me to take fiber and probiotics and quit worrying so much about it. My GI said "Don't pay any attention to the spastic colon and it will go away". It didn't no matter how hard I tried to forget it because when I did eat it was all trigger foods. Now I am very stable, I'm not afraid to go out, I even flew from Houston to Asheville in December and didn't have to use the bathroom on the plane even one time. Hang in there. There is going to be calm after this storm!!

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4311 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 636

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review