All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Peppermint Reflux?
      #322375 - 01/15/08 08:24 AM
Jenny B

Reged: 03/27/07
Loc: Montana

So I have been taking Heather's Peppermint Tummy Tamers for a few weeks now, in hope of reducing my gas problem. I think there has been some improvement, but I have been finding myself feeling sick after breakfast. I took a tummy tamer before I ate this morning and now I have this weird reflux feeling in my throat, but it's a cold kind of reflux, not that hot burning reflux you can get from spicy foods. I'm assuming it is the peppermint, I take it at night though and I don't seem to have problems.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or should I just take this at night?

Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Peppermint Reflux? new
      #322404 - 01/15/08 02:42 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I kinda get it too, to me it feel like if I just ate york peppermint patties, haha!
How long before breakfast do you take it? Having food in your stomach should help.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#322407 - 01/15/08 03:31 PM
LMo

Reged: 11/06/07
Loc: Los Angeles, California

I have this problem with peppermint tea...cool peppermint acidity. Yuck! I just stay away from it...So I stick to ginger tea or this eater's digest blend that has peppermint, fennel, and ginger in it (weird combo, I know, but tasty!).

#322445 - 01/16/08 08:25 AM
Jenny B

Reged: 03/27/07
Loc: Montana

I think the peppermint reflux is just a problem for me in the morning. I didn't take any this morning and ate breakfast and I feel fine. I took one last night with dinner and didn't have any problems, so I think I've cleared it up. And ginger works wonders for me too, it really helps my bloating. I take Reflux Away and it is great.

#322447 - 01/16/08 08:33 AM

Unregistered

That's funny b/c I get the reflux in the AM too and only if I take it and wait too long to eat breakfast. Usually after I eat I'm ok......

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2255 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1175

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review