Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Flora-Q probiotic?
      #322269 - 01/13/08 05:09 PM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had any experience with Flora-Q, a probiotic? My GI wants me to start taking it because the probiotic I am currently on is not really helping my symptoms. I am primarily an IBS-D, and the main symptom I have been experiencing lately is gas and bloating. Any thoughts would be really helpful. Thanks!

Julie
IBS-D, GERD, lactose intolerance

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Flora-Q probiotic? new
      #322273 - 01/13/08 05:55 PM
DianeM

Reged: 12/05/06
Loc: Kentucky

Yes, I take Flora Q. My doctor gave me some samples back around the March timeframe and I've been taking it ever since. I really started to improve after that, but I also started taking Trazodone for anxiety about the same time, so I'm not sure which one is helping the most, or maybe it's the combination. I was IBS-D when I began taking it, but I rarely have D anymore.

I recently posted a question asking if anyone had tried Flora Q 2, which I think just came out. You may want to ask your doctor about it. I'll ask my doctor at my next appointment.

#322280 - 01/13/08 09:43 PM
Pud

Reged: 06/20/07
Loc: Long Island

those are my two main symptoms too... the flora q is supposed to help with that?

--------------------
Pud
Long Island
IBS-D & SIBO - main symptom GAS

#322330 - 01/14/08 02:31 PM
caputsky

Hi Diane,

My doctor just gave me samples of Flora-Q, the regular, and is having me start with that. However, he also gave me samples of the new Flora-Q 2. I compared the ingredients on the two and it appears that the only difference is that there is a higher concentration of the probiotic strains in the new one. So, I think it's good that I will be starting with the regular, and if I notice a significant improvement, perhaps in time I will switch to the new one. I'll keep you posted!

Julie

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

#322335 - 01/14/08 03:48 PM
CJIBSDG

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Idaho

I'm taking a different probiotic which seems to be helping me, but I just did a search on the Flora-Q and noticed that it doesn't need to be refrigerated - How do the cells stay alive if it isn't refrigerated?

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

I used to take it new
      #322356 - 01/14/08 09:38 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

My GI suggested I try it and I took it for about 6 months. I didn't notice that it helped any more than any other probiotic I've taken. I did like it and only stopped taking it because I got sick of having to purchase it online as it's nearly impossible to find in stores.

As with any probiotic, you will probably experience an increase in gas at first. That's normal. Give it a week or so for your body to get used to it. Might want to take it at night

Re: I used to take it new
      #322413 - 01/15/08 04:41 PM
caputsky

Thanks for the tips, Amanda. I figured my gas will increase for a little bit (since I have so much already, I probably won't notice all that much of a difference, hehe). I am taking it at night, so we'll see how that goes. And I will try to be patient -- not always the easiest thing but it's the way with probiotics. Thanks again!

Julie

--------------------

Just curious... new
      #322515 - 01/16/08 09:39 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

Where do you get your Flora-Q? Now that you have me thinking about it, I think I may order some more when my current stock of probiotics runs out. I used to get my supply from drugstore.com. Can't remember how much I paid for it, but it was comparable to the higher end stuff I get at the HFS.

Re: Just curious... new
      #322591 - 01/17/08 06:24 PM
DianeM

Reged: 12/05/06
Loc: Kentucky

I get mine at Walgreens. They order it for me and from what I've found online, I'm getting it cheaper through them.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 580 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3182

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review