All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Bladder Problem Linked to IBS?
      #322189 - 01/11/08 12:07 PM
jason61

Reged: 04/12/07

Hi-

For the past 4 months I have been experiencing an uncomfortable urge to urinate very frequently. I find that working out and exercise irritates it the most but whenever i get constipated or have a hard BM that irritates it as well. I do have a history of prostate problems, but this has never happened before. I really need to exercise but these symptoms are very uncomfortable. i have had this checked out by 3 docs and they found nothing wrong with me. does anyone have some advice. Im pretty sure it all started when i went for a run back in september...hasnt been the same since. either way its more of a functional problem then a physiological or biochemical problem. thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bladder Problem Linked to IBS? new
      #322190 - 01/11/08 01:00 PM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

I have a sensitive bladder too. I've had a paralysis condition that also affects the bladder function but I had no problems with frequent bladder irritation earlier. That has come since I got IBS so I do think it's related to that. I find that sometimes I even walk more carefully to avoid bouncing around too much since that can tease the bladder.

Being constipated et.c. means having more stuff taking up room in the abdomen which means the bladder has less room which can also make you need to urinate more frequently.

/Ulrika

Re: its also frustrating because new
      #322191 - 01/11/08 01:09 PM
jason61

Reged: 04/12/07

i have an old back injury from sports and i need to do crunches to keep my stomach muscles strong to support my back, but it seems crunches and sit ups aggravate this the most. i cant win

#322200 - 01/11/08 04:03 PM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I, too, feel as if I have to go to the bathroom a lot more frequently that I had when starting this diet or being diagnosed with IBS. I'm not sure what the culprit is, but for me it might be the fact that I drink a ton more water than I used to. I don't know, maybe it also has to do with the food in the diet and the soluble and insoluble fiber? I only mention those things because they are related to water somehow. Anyway, know that you are not alone in the increased frequency of peeing with this condition

Julie
IBS-D, GERD, lactose intolerant

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

#322205 - 01/11/08 05:47 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

Are you drinking enough water? I have the same problem: frequency, urgency. When I need water I start urinating very frequent in small ammounts and the color of my urine gets very consentrated. Then I drink water and once it's out of me I feel better. I do kagel exercies and haven't had a baby yet but I've been having this since 2002. Docs say I have nothing. So, I have irritated colon and bladder now.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

#322266 - 01/13/08 04:57 PM
CJIBSDG

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Idaho

I notice that when I have D and take immodium or lomotil, the D stops but the urination frequency and urgency goes way up. I don't know what the link is, but I've experienced this numerous times.

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 571 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1309

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review