Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anti-spasmodics
      #322131 - 01/10/08 11:09 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

Hello all!
My doctor put me on an anti-spasmodic called Hyoscyamine because yesterday I was having really bad menstrual cramps/ spasms which caused me to have a major ibs attack!! Yesterday was the first day of my period. The prescription insert says the commmon brand names are Levsin, or Hyosol/SL (I guess this means other names). He told me to take it on an as needed basis. Does anyone know anything about this pill or any other anti-spasmodics? Has it helped any of you with menstral cramp/ spasm and ibs attacks? Thanks for your help!

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Has anyone ever tried this? new
      #322132 - 01/10/08 11:39 AM

Unregistered

I used it for awhile (before switching to this diet). Sorry to say but it didn't help with the attacks at all - all it did was make me feel like a zombie and gave me terrible dry mouth....Heather's diet and the Acacia have been the only way I've found relief

#322133 - 01/10/08 11:52 AM
Sweetd

Hi,
I have been taking Acacia for a few months now and on Heather's diet for years now and I've been pretty much stable for a couple of months now since I'm back on the fiber . That time of the month my ibs bothers me sometimes and triggers it no matter what I do it seems, diet and all . Hopefully, it will work for me. Thanks for your info., I appricate it!

--------------------

Re: Anti-spasmodics new
      #322134 - 01/10/08 12:46 PM
KathyR

Reged: 01/10/08

My doctor just prescribed Levsin for me. I haven't filled the prescription yet. He also gave me some probiotics. I just took the first probiotic today. I asked him for this particular medication (Levtin) because my niece gave me one of hers on Christmas Eve when I was having an episode, and it seemed to work quite well. She gave me a couple of them to take home with me. I would go ahead and try it. Good luck to you.

#322155 - 01/10/08 05:00 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

It definitely helps the spasms and even the ones you don't feel. When on levsin and bentyl previously I got real dizzy and C but this time I only have a little dry mouth. It doesn't make bloating go away but does help and definitely gets rid of most of the pain.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#322204 - 01/11/08 04:30 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

My doctor put me on one back when I was first diagnosed 12 years gao (I think it was called Buscopan), and it made me feel awful. It did nothing to help my actual IBS symptoms but made me feel like my insides were disconnected from my body. I actually get the same odd feeling from the peppermint capsules.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#322210 - 01/11/08 07:55 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I take Busocpan which is the same thing I believe.I am like you and almost completely stable. I find I that I mostly take this prescription when I have my period as that also makes my IBS/Colitis act up. It works great for me for spasms and cramps from an attack.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#322297 - 01/14/08 07:37 AM
Sweetd

Thanks everyone for your advice! I'm going to try it afterall!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 212 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3851

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review