All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Found new foods - Yummy muffins & fake meat
      #322054 - 01/09/08 01:20 PM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

Just wanted to share a couple of discoveries I made over the holidays.

I found some muffin mix at the health food store and tried it on Christmas morning, along with some fake sausage patties. They were both good, and I was so excited to have something for breakfast besides my normal bowl of oatmeal! I really love the muffins and have eaten up to 4 in a day because they are so yummy and don't bother my stomach at all. YUM!

The muffin mix is Dr. Oetker Organic Oatmeal Muffin Mix. They have other varieties, too. This week, I bought mixes for carrot muffins (might be like carrot cake?) and baking mix. You can view all the ingredients and nutritional info on the Dr. Oetker site.

The fake meat I found is GimmeLean by LightLife. I've tried the sausage (made little sausage patties) and the beef (used to make tacos with homemade taco seasoning from the recipe index). My husband said the sausage was okay (we ate it plain), and both he and our 3-year-old loved the tacos. It's a new regular meal around here. Looking forward to using it more!

I found the muffin mixes at the health food stores (Wild Oats/Whole Foods and Earth Fare). I have found the GimmeLean meats at most large grocery stores (Kroger, Publix, & Walmart) and health food stores.

Just thought I'd share.

P.S. Keep in mind that the GimmeLean "meats" are made from soy, so if you can't eat soy products, this won't work for you.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Found new foods - Yummy muffins & fake meat new
      #322057 - 01/09/08 01:49 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Hi i have seen the cake mix before but not the muffins have you tried the brownies? I would love to try both of them what do you have to add to these? I would like to have ssomething new for breakfeast besides ceral!
thanks
emmasmom
ibs-c

#322061 - 01/09/08 02:36 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Mmmm I love Dr. Oetker but haven't really looked at any of their products since starting EFI. I'll take another look next time I go shopping!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#322076 - 01/09/08 05:11 PM
Julie E

I did see the brownies, but I haven't made them. The muffins I've eaten only call for 2 Tbsp of canola oil for the entire batch. The brownies call for 1/4 cup butter for an 8" square pan of brownies, which sounded like a lot to me (although I haven't actually calculated it...).

My favorite brownies are the No Pudge brownies, which only call for a container of yogurt. I use vanilla soy yogurt. It is borderline on the fat content, so I just eat a small one after a healthy meal. Maybe the Dr. Oetker brownies would be about the same...

Muffins and white cake? new
      #322181 - 01/11/08 08:42 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

thanks let me know about the mufffins. They sound good have to skip the browines can't do soy . I am curois about the white cake? any thoughts? thanks
emmasmom
ibs-c

Re: Muffins and white cake? new
      #322285 - 01/14/08 12:32 AM
Julie E

The ingredients and nutrition info look fine. I think it would depend on what the baking instructions call for. If it requires a high amount of fat, maybe you could try replacing half the oil/butter with applesauce.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1435 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1701

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review