All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Sarah new
      #322754 - 01/20/08 07:59 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Are you still doing SCD? IS it making any difference for you yet?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sarah new
      #322779 - 01/20/08 11:04 AM

Unregistered

Jordy,
I'm pretty much convinced my IBS is Psycogenic as Dr. Sarno calls it and really not connected to what I eat. I'm doing his work all of my waking hours and I'm hoping to go back to normal eating as soon as I feel enough confidence in having mastered his program. Because I already see progress with my skin in such a short period, I'm very hopeful that I will be able to mainstream myself sooner than I think. I'm feeling really hopeful and looking forward to living again real soon. I'd love to hear your thoughts after you read the book.
cheers!

#322780 - 01/20/08 11:15 AM
SherryJ

Reged: 12/22/07
Loc: Idaho

Sarah, I just finished Dr. Sarno's book and it makes absolute sense to me. I know I have a lot of anger buried inside and I do believe it can affect your life. Now I have the tools to deal with it! I am also using the hypnotherapy sessions and really think dealing with the mind may be the answer. Take care and good luck...

#322805 - 01/20/08 04:03 PM

Unregistered

Sherry,
I'm so happy to hear that you too are willing to give his theory a shot. I, too, have lots of anger in me. I've been writing and working at it. It's hard work. I know we will master it! Lots of luck to you too and thanks for your encouraging words!

Did you ladies buy the book? new
      #322812 - 01/20/08 06:20 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Does it require writing excerises in the book itself?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Did you ladies buy the book? new
      #322833 - 01/21/08 08:16 AM

Unregistered

I bought the book and it doesn't require writing exercises in the book. You use your own notebook. Dr. Sarno gives instructions on talking exercises/teaching your conscious mind how to communicate with your unconscious mind. You will be doing a lot of this. I just got up from my desk to meditate in the coat room because my skin is starting up and my stomach is thinking it could get the better of me this morning too!
The writing exercises I believe is a suggestion from one of his patients (I could be wrong about this, could be Dr. Sarno suggests it too) who successfully got rid of his debilitating back pain.
wishing you loads of strength, perseverance and success!
hugs
ST

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2487 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 35051

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review