All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Re: To Zara Re: SCD new
      #322361 - 01/15/08 04:53 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I've been on this diet for 6 days properly, 8 days with slight cheating. No headaches, nausea, flu-like, or dizziness. Just GI symptoms. Bloating and really painful pressure, plus constipation has gotten worse. I really think I'm quitting today as I am so bloated I feel like I'm about to burst open. I'll have some oatmeal for breakfast and hopefully will feel better soon.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#322364 - 01/15/08 06:45 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Zara, sorry you aren't finding more improvement...but I give you so much respect for having tried it. I think you may be right about it helping D more than C. The conditions it was first developed for per the book "Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis, celiac disease, cystic fibrosis of the pancreas, and other forms of chronic diarrhea".

So, now we need a new plan of action...both of us.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Zara and Sarah new
      #322367 - 01/15/08 06:53 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Please keep me updated on the VSL! So, gluten free didn't keep helping, but you still avoid wheat? Does that help you long term?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#322372 - 01/15/08 08:13 AM

Unregistered

First, I'm feeling lousy today. Since yesterday. Almost back to panic days. D and can't finish. oy vei.
second, it's not the yogurt machine that isnt working. its the almond machine. I did call the company and they told me that i used the wrong program. I cooked them instead of grinding them. I made milk yesterday and aside for a bit grainy its delicious. I think I'k going to try using and cheese cloth to try to catch the grains in the cloth making a smoother milk.
I hope you feel better soon.

Re: Update on my New Quest new
      #322373 - 01/15/08 08:16 AM

Unregistered

Sherry,
You're so welcome, although I'm having my doubts about it. I'm so sick today. I've been Gassy for the last few evenings and now I'm back to D and simply can't finish. I feel like I need to park myself in the bathroom, period! I'm not giving up yet, but im kinda down in the dumps about it. Lots of luck to you and may the IBS devil disintegrate now!!

#322374 - 01/15/08 08:20 AM

Unregistered

Kim,
None of the symptoms you mention except slight tiredness early afternoon. But as I told the others, not doing too well as far as IBS symptoms. I'll keep at it for a while though. I want to make sure this is not the solution for me.

Re:VSL new
      #322391 - 01/15/08 10:31 AM
Zara

I've been taking the VSL for little over a week now and so far no visible improvement. I think I need to give it more time.
As far as what - yes, I'm trying to limit it fo now. Not completely avoid it, like today I had 1/4 of a bagel. But it worked before, as long as I didn't overdo it. I think sugar is a bigger culprit, though. Unfortunately I managed to eat several Hershey's Nuggets today already. I'll try not to make it a habit .
I agree, we need a plan - I just wish I knew what it was, lol!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#322419 - 01/15/08 05:48 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

You really need to give the diet a fair 2 weeks. It took that olong for me to feel better.

#322425 - 01/15/08 07:44 PM
Zara

Kim, but did you initially feel worse? I mean, like a lot worse? That's what happened to me, I didn't even stay the same, I had a lot more cramps and bloating then before. That's why I decided to quit.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Re: SarahT and Zara new
      #322449 - 01/16/08 08:54 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I've been looking at the SCD diet for a while, and slowly incorporating some ideas of it into my diet. I haven't gone full-out on it yet, but plan to once I'm more used to the foods. I guess I'm not really looking to follow the SCD plan exactly, but looking at going grain-free and the SCD seems like a good guide.

I plan on getting a yogurt maker and was wondering what your experiences with making yogurt have been. Have you tried cow's or goat's milk yogurt? If so did it cause any stomach upset? Also have you tried making almond milk yogurt? How did any of the yogurts you made taste?

I'm especially interested in the yogurt right now since I stopped buying store-bought soy yogurts (too much crap in em) and wanted to know how the home made ones taste and how easy they are on the digestive system. I need a good new portable snack.

Thanks!

--------------------
Kat

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 443 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 35054

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review