All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Re: Q about sugar and yogurt new
      #321993 - 01/08/08 09:19 PM

Unregistered

Zara,
for now, absolutely no sugar. the cake has some cinamin and honey and pistachio butter and oil and eggs and their almond extract. I can not eat the cakes made with almond flour at this time. We suspect its giving me gas so it's off the list for now. I am not on the yogurt yet, but i think it's because i told her that i don't like yogurt. It could be it would be ok for me to eat it or maybe even benefit me, I dont' know. I just know that i can't stomach yogurt. No soy for now either. Again, this diet is custom made for me.
Good luck. I do feel so good each morning getting up to a piece of cake and mint tea. Wish it were coffee, but happy this way too.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: PS new
      #321994 - 01/08/08 09:24 PM

Unregistered

That is such a great idea! I will check my library out hopefully this sunday.
I was at a friends daughter's wedding tonight, lots of classmates that I haven't seen in years were there and everyone wanted to know why a skinny thing like me is not eating. The waiter kept offering me portions and I had to say no, it was nuts! But I pulled through, laughed the whole time and had a great time and didnt need the bathroom once! I ate a full dinner before I left so I wasn't hungry. It's possible, tough, but possible.
thanks for your support and well wishes!
Sarah T

To Kim Re: PS new
      #321999 - 01/08/08 09:31 PM

Unregistered

Thanks so much for your encouraging words. I'll check out the website you recommend.
I developed a lower back pain only 2 days after starting the diet and I'm killing it on my own with excercise and mind work, but I think it came from stress. I had a bout of D tonight right after my SCD dinner but after this small bout I spent 4 hours at a wedding, danced, had a great time and had no incidents and still feeling strong. I didn't even take immodium, which I was debating before I left for the wedding whether to take or not and in the end I just put it in my pocketbook for safety and it's still there thank Gd. In the past a D incident lasted all evening, which brought sadness and feeling sorry for myself.
Praise the Lord! I am happy tonight. A good reason to celebrate!

#322001 - 01/09/08 03:37 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Quote:

I was at a friends daughter's wedding tonight, lots of classmates that I haven't seen in years were there and everyone wanted to know why a skinny thing like me is not eating. The waiter kept offering me portions and I had to say no, it was nuts! But I pulled through, laughed the whole time and had a great time and didnt need the bathroom once!

Well done, you! These kinds of gatherings are so tempting but you really did a good job!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#322066 - 01/09/08 03:29 PM
Zara

Sarah, I had a chance to read the book today (briefly, the vicious cycle one) and the author said that it's recommended for people to stay on this diet for at least a year, without changing it, before the alter it. Yet you said in your original post that your friend advised you to try incorporating new things only after two weeks. Is this because the book is mainly targeted to IBD and Crohns and we're "just" IBS?

I have to say I'm really tempted to try this diet. I kind of tried following it today for some meals but I know that I'd have to give it a full shot. I probably wouldn't stop my probiotics, however, because I feel that if bacterial imbalance is the problem then the bad bacteria should be starved off by the diet, and the good guys should be replenished.

I'm also trying to make the yogurt the book describes. Even if I decide not to eat it my hubby will so no loss there (unless it doesn't turn out good ).
The diet just sounds so encouraging that I think tomorrow I'll try to follow it properly. I do have a few social things in the next couple days (dinners, relatives) but even if I don't manage to stick to it at least I will get my feet wet and start again. Two weeks is not too bad, I'm just a little afraid that I'd have to do it longer before I see results and start incorporating new foods. But I'll play it by ear!
How are you doing?

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#322083 - 01/09/08 06:33 PM

Unregistered

thank you. I think i'm turning robotic...scary. I almost don't feel the temptation, really. I hope this isnt permanent Whats life without temptation...lol. Huge tThanks for encouraging me.

#322086 - 01/09/08 06:37 PM

Unregistered

Zara,
I think so but not sure. I haven't read the book yet. Just following her instruction. She's got lots of experience, she's been helping friends for many years and has been successful. I do plan to read it though.
Just a note, my friend feels strongly that unless you're able to really stick it out and commit it might be wise to wait till a time that you can. My son is getting married in 6 weeks and she wanted me to wait till after the wedding. But I convinced her that I can commit and focus on myself even while preparations are under way. I'm also already thinking that I'm going to have to be on the diet for more than 2 weeks before starting to introduce new things, but I won't count chickens before they hatch. One day at a time at this point.
lots of luck to you.

To Zara Re: SCD new
      #322173 - 01/11/08 07:04 AM

Unregistered

Have you made a decision on starting this diet? Hope you're doing well.
Last night my skin was a lot less itchy... wonder if the diet is starting to have an effect....Please Gd let it be so...
Sarah T

Re: To Zara Re: SCD new
      #322174 - 01/11/08 07:22 AM
Zara

Yes, I decided to try it anyway. I'll just be really careful eating out and with relatives. Yesterday was my first proper day so it's still too early to tell. Plus, I just got my period this morning so I'm bloated and in pain anyway.
I have a luncheon to attend to today but I already scooped out the menu and I think I should be OK. There are eating out guidelines on the SCD website so I will follow those.

Glad to know your skin is getting better! I think it could be the diet, you've been on it for almost a week now so it could show .

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Zara and Sarah new
      #322177 - 01/11/08 08:11 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I just don't understand how you gals are finding foods to eat. I'm so scared to try this diet as I am very underweight right now.

Is it helping your GI symptoms yet? How long you gonna be on it? Did you buy the yogurt and "milk" maker yet or aren't you gonna do the dairy....like that special kind of cheese they mentioned (which I cannot find anywhere)

Zara, what are you gonna eat at this lunch? I just really admire both of you for commiting to this diet. It looks so overwhelming to me. Did either of you eat GF before doing this? Just try eating the Gluten free diet along with some of H's guidelines? If so, still no relief?

Zara, did you stop the probiotic you ordered?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1658 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 35050

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review